PDA

View Full Version : burning rich and choking....ECU?

tezza88
19th April 2010, 08:55 PM
hey guys.
im back again with a question and want to vent some steam

ok. so 6weeks ago, i was involved in a car accident. non-english speaking guys hit the front end of my car..pissed. all that went through my head was..where do i find these parts now. fuck.
Thank god for this forum.great guys. great prices.

OK..2weeks+$3000 later (insurance covered), i put my car into the smash repair.quote: 4 working days 1.2k

3 weeks later....
get my car back..central locking doesnt work for one side. car dirty as fuck. paint running....car burning super rich and shaking.(never happened before)
brought it back, they said it was electrical prob (sparks/leads etc) not their fault
fair enough. maybe they're old (just recently changed sparks)

got it checked by mech today- everything working alrite. so 2mro he'l check the ecu and other possibilities

TECH QUESTION
worst case scenario: messed my ECU and no save, need a replacement
would i need to get the same RWD 4AGE ecu or would any be fine?
keeping in mind im low on money atm after rego.
and if its too hard to source one out...would it be advisable to get an Adaptronic
then i'll go on a group buy hunt cause if i can get 3+ ppl, they're going for 700 each

THANKS FOR READING

Terry

tezza88
19th April 2010, 08:56 PM
OR!!! if anyone whos reading this has a RWD 4AGE ecu just lying around..please let me know

Nicko
19th April 2010, 09:36 PM
If its shaking, check the dizzy. Don't know how many times i've seen them get fucked in an accident

Nikkojoe
19th April 2010, 09:41 PM
Ive got a jdm 4age ecu from a kouki 86, $100posted.

I bet its in limp mode. Check vital sensors like map sensor for disconnected map sensor line and or plug.

tezza88
19th April 2010, 09:58 PM
mech checked everything quite concisely.\
il get back to you nikkojoe.
thanks for the quick tips once again.

toyrota
23rd April 2010, 11:38 PM
make sure u don't jump to major conclusions before you check simple stuff. A disconnected vacuum line can cause the same thing!

tezza88
24th April 2010, 01:36 AM
yep, we've checked everything big and small. tried to get into the dianostic box but its not picking up any signals.
my mech said it most likely be the sparks from welding at the smash repairs that would've messed the ecu up
well hes trying to get another ecu for testing and yeh.

thanks for input toyrota

evil86
25th April 2010, 06:58 PM
got a ecu if u want to try it man. check if them panelbeater used an anti zap or any device to protect the ecu when welding. if not use it can fuck your ecu.

tezza88
26th April 2010, 09:33 AM
the panelbeaters are a bunch of asian shifties man. fkin annoy me.
il see how the car runs til the weekend and give u a call mate. always a massive help.lol

Stuntman Mike
26th April 2010, 04:47 PM
Could easily be a bad earth being put back on over fresh paint too. Check your main earths (battery to chassis, motor to chassis, etc) and if possible check the ECU earths as well.