PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Stuck on KE70

ke70 xx
27th April 2010, 04:45 PM
Car - 1983 KE70

motor - 4age

use - Daily/Track

problem - The front left wheel is stuck on the car and am unable to get it off. The rear is the same and has previously been stuck so I beleive all four are the same.

Also another problem Im having is that I hit a gutter with the left hand side and now when I turn my tyre seems to be hitting the chassis but I cant find anything thats bent. Whats one of the things I should look out for.

occurs/started when - Only realised this when I went to change my diff to a locker. Realised the front was the same on the 25/4/2010.

Second problem occured 25/4/2010 in early hours of the morning.

personal situation - N/A

Any help is appreciated. Cheers Troy

Twinky
27th April 2010, 05:04 PM
Do you mean the bolts have siezed or as in you can't pull the wheel off?? If the bolts have siezed then just get a long hollow tube and use it as an extender to the tyre iron.
Spray some WD40/CRC on the bolts before unscrewing them.

svenmate
27th April 2010, 05:05 PM
I had the wheel problem not long ago. I put painted wheels on and they caked on the drum/hub. Did you paint the whole ma61?
Just bash the woman with a rubber mallet or use a bar to wrench it.

ke70 xx
27th April 2010, 05:21 PM
I got them painted off the car. Powder coated. When they first got put on they were done with a rattle gun by AJPS so maybe the layer of powdercoating has stuck in the middle onto the hub? And nah the nuts come on and go off fine. Had my feet on either side of the car and was pulling as hard as I could and wouldnt budge. Even drove up and down my driveway to try loosen it up but that did nothing. And dont have a rubber mallet.

ke70 xx
27th April 2010, 06:17 PM
Got the wheel off using pieces of wood and a piece of rhs and a scissor jack. Pieces of wood on the rims itself and the RHS in the middle. Put the scissor jack in the middle and cranked it while my dad hit it with a mallet. Still dont know what is bent though to make the wheel with the chassis. Is there any particular piece I should check out?

Hokey
27th April 2010, 09:24 PM
if you hit a gutter the chassis is prolly bent. ke's aren't very strong at all. if you can get it wheel aligned properly and it drives fine then don't worry about it

Javal
27th April 2010, 09:37 PM
Got the wheel off using pieces of wood and a piece of rhs and a scissor jack. Pieces of wood on the rims itself and the RHS in the middle. Put the scissor jack in the middle and cranked it while my dad hit it with a mallet. Still dont know what is bent though to make the wheel with the chassis. Is there any particular piece I should check out?

Lower Control arm / chassis / stubaxle if you hit the gutter with the front

Panhard rod if you hit the gutter with the back.

ke70 xx
28th April 2010, 02:16 AM
I hit on kind of an angle so basically bounced off. Wasnt a full on smack and come to a complete stop. I cant find any creases or anything that looks bent but the wheel is still hitting the chassis after a wheel alignment. Will take it apart again tomorrow and have another Inspection and see how I go. Thanks for the help. Keep advice coming. That way I know what to check for.

Moebius
28th April 2010, 03:34 PM
The strut itself could be bent?

ke70 xx
29th April 2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah im taking it down to AJPS this weekend for Javal to have a look at. I also found out that I dont think the wheel is hitting the guard, but something else in the rack has been bent. There is a tight spot in my steering when I turn a corner. Maybe the ball joint on the rack end has been smashed?