PDA

View Full Version : 4AC issue

lawrencelalot
19th May 2010, 08:36 PM
Good evening,

I had an issue with my 4AC today that seems to have resolved itself. Basically what happened is I was driving casually at 50kph turned a corner, tried to accelerate but the car had no power. Pulled over and revved and every time I got to ~2000rpm (+/- 200) there was a big spluttering flat spot. Under and above this rev range there was no problem. I assumed it was a slipped cam belt or something like that but it fixed itself once I had let it cool down for an hour or so.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jack

DOG the rolla hunter
19th May 2010, 10:24 PM
low on fuel >? may have sucked air?

lawrencelalot
19th May 2010, 10:27 PM
Full tank of fuel

Cerby86
20th May 2010, 01:06 AM
fouled plug, though i've never none it too happen with any 4acs i've had, it does it with the platinum plugs i use when you first put them in.
other than that i'd say a clogged fuel filter, or shit covering the liddle filter bag on the end of the fuel intake, or really shitty fuel clogging you carbie.

Nicko
20th May 2010, 03:25 AM
Fuel bowl float in the carby...

Or more likely - "needle and seat" in the inlet to the carby need looking at / replacing...

Another reason why stock Aisan Carburettors belong on the bottom of the ocean.

Ask me all about fixing carbies on the side of the highway 5km outside of lismore at 2am in the morning...

Not fun

Nicko
20th May 2010, 03:27 AM
Not the same as your carby, but the concept is the same

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/44285.jpg

lawrencelalot
20th May 2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look this weekend. i don't know a whole lot (anything at all) about carbies but I'll tinker with it and report if it fucks up again.