PDA

View Full Version : WTB Crashed AE86 shell

takai
26th May 2010, 06:39 PM
Ok, just putting the feelers out there for my next project. Considering building a Sports Sedan based around the N2 body shell and would need a shell for some of the body parts. However, it doesnt need to be perfect or even straight, as it will mostly be a spaceframe sitting underneath.

Something in this state of damage:
http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/9255406/130_0704_33_z+2006_d1gp_series_final_drifting_irwi ndale_speedway+crashed_corolla_ae86_trueno.jpg
Would be perfect, somethign that you really cant repair the standard chassis for use as a road car or even as a non-spaceframed race car.

Also im going to be putting new replacement front and rear guards, hatch, bonnet etc on it so if you have a parts shell lying around your back yard then thats a good candidate too.

Definitely want SA only at this stage, as the N2 option is only one amongst a few other body types im considering.
What is out there?

cbjaust
26th May 2010, 07:02 PM
Ok, just putting the feelers out there for my next project. Considering building a Sports Sedan based around the N2 body shell and would need a shell for some of the body parts. However, it doesnt need to be perfect or even straight, as it will mostly be a spaceframe sitting underneath.

Something in this state of damage:
http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/9255406/130_0704_33_z+2006_d1gp_series_final_drifting_irwi ndale_speedway+crashed_corolla_ae86_trueno.jpg
Would be perfect, somethign that you really cant repair the standard chassis for use as a road car or even as a non-spaceframed race car.

Also im going to be putting new replacement front and rear guards, hatch, bonnet etc on it so if you have a parts shell lying around your back yard then thats a good candidate too.

Definitely want SA only at this stage, as the N2 option is only one amongst a few other body types im considering.
What is out there?

Well I've got a car that is not a shell yet but it has been declared a total loss... The front left corner was nailed by a guy running a red light. I think the chassis rail is OK but the top of that corner is pushed in a bit. Until i sold the vital parts that let the car start (gearbox - so no mount for the starter motor) the engine fired up just fine.

Anyway its in VIC so not SA but keep it in mind. I'm selling bits off it (Front exhaust pipe, rear exhaust pipe, T50, alternator bracket, RHS headlight are gone now), just haven't put up a thread yet.

Cheers

takai
26th May 2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, interested in that sort of car. Only problem is that its a bit hard to get over here. Im in no hurry though, so keep selling off bits and ill see whether im in a position to drive a trailer over when its ready.

cbjaust
28th May 2010, 01:43 AM
Yeah, interested in that sort of car. Only problem is that its a bit hard to get over here. Im in no hurry though, so keep selling off bits and ill see whether im in a position to drive a trailer over when its ready.

No probs.