PDA

View Full Version : Sealed beam to H4 KE70 head lights

R&D Mechanical
26th May 2010, 11:43 PM
Hey guys,

Im after some new lights for my ke because i can not see shit at mallala when its darK (shit lighting on the track also) So im thinking of getting new head lights with the H4 globe fitting in it. Now i think an older hilux had the same size lights in H4? anyone know what models they were in? What part numbers?

Thanks

Chrisrundell69
27th May 2010, 12:42 AM
i am also keen to do this before i get my car out onto the track/road

Skylar
27th May 2010, 03:17 AM
Can't you just go to a big local auto parts shop and buy them from there? I know the place down the road has 'em coz I found them when looking to convert the FC to H4.

Click here for info. (http://tinyurl.com/2v5trbv)

Otherwise:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PAIR-H4-7-CRYSTAL-H-LAMPS-LED-RING-XT6003LED-/230476435283?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a9774f53

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/H4-CRYSTAL-HEAD-LIGHTS-HILUX-TRITON-RODEO-NAVARA-MAZDA-/290437080221?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item439f66249d

KENut
27th May 2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah many older cars had the same size lights (5x7?) including hilux. You should have no problem finding new ones in an auto shop, so maybe 150 all up for new housings and bulbs.

Todd
27th May 2010, 10:45 AM
5x7 is correct KENut.
they are not hard to find at all, a very common standardised size that they stock even down at your local supercheap auto in both sealed beam, and H4 style.
hell, even ebay have shitty ones too.

best bet if you are actually after decent light output from the units is to get your auto store to order in hella ones or narva.
both great quality, but will cost you more.

or you can be HELLA (lawl) awesome and get those silly overpriced raybrig ones and be super cool.

literally heaps of options. go to the shops and have a look.
the conversion is definately worth it.

EDIT: just wanted to say, the same applies for people with a quad light setup and wishing to change to H4 items. they are a common size and can also be picked up on ebay and in supercheap/whatever auto store you prefer in both sealed and H4 varieties.

ke70dave
27th May 2010, 11:42 AM
EDIT: just wanted to say, the same applies for people with a quad light setup and wishing to change to H4 items. they are a common size and can also be picked up on ebay and in supercheap/whatever auto store you prefer in both sealed and H4 varieties.

yer i was going to say this.

On my quads i have H4 on the outside, and sealed beams on the inside. so thats low beam only on the outside, and highbeam is all 4 lights on high beam. there is light everywhere, and the car doesnt have to have tacky spot lights.

i only bought the cheapest sealed beams from autobahn and they are plenty bright.

as for the H4 jobs, yer just head to autobahn.

also if you are going to buy some upgraded bulbs, dont get the cheapest ones. they look good (ice whte/blue tinge), but dont actually put out any light. make sure you get phillips or a reputable brand.

i bought the phillips "blue vision" for my old car, sooo much better than the standard bulbs.

redsprinter
27th May 2010, 04:23 PM
raybrig FTW .. i would say they are the same ones as the trueno / 180sx sizes.

a mate of mine had geniue raybrig on his 180sx , without HID and it was 100 times better then my lights when i had my 180.

R&D Mechanical
27th May 2010, 11:34 PM
Sweet thanks heaps for the help guys! just ordered some.