PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler Size

topher
27th May 2010, 08:34 PM
Hey guys,

i have tried to search for this however i couldn't find anthing on this. I was after a recommendation as to the Oil Cooler size i should run on my motor. My 4AGE currently doesn't have an oil cooler at this point in time.

What are you guys running on your 4AGE, either bigport or smallport. Could you please let me know, im after both amount of rows and width across the face of the Oil Cooler, as i am struggling to make a decision between 115mm and 235mm and the amount of rows.

Thanks in advance guys.

timbo
27th May 2010, 09:27 PM
never measured mine but i used a cooler out of a vt commonwhore. holds just under 500ml of oil and works a treat.

4.5AG
29th May 2010, 01:17 PM
Mines from PWR racing, very good quality, a lot cheaper than the JAP/US brands.
It's not too big, ideal for small capacity 4 cyl..

Hachi_Tom
29th May 2010, 01:41 PM
ive been thinking the same thing for my car, if its too big the oil my get too cold (still hot but not hot enough)

ae71
29th May 2010, 02:53 PM
get a oil temp gauge to see if you require one first.

i always liked the idea of a water/oil heat exchanger rather then a air/oil cooler. this is my first car with a set of guages in it and it surprising how long it takes for the oil to heat up.

some 4ag came with oil coolers as standard, i have a full jdm rwd oil cooler set-up back home.

Skylar
30th May 2010, 12:54 AM
I have a B&M or whatever they're called, oil cooler, 8"x11"x1.5"(biggest in their catalog). Haven't put it on yet but coolant doesn't even go over ~72 deg. and oil seems to sit at 80 driving it 'round town. No point putting it on until I need it(oil starts hittin 120ish) and not putting it on without a thermostat.

So yeah, get gauges like ae71 said.