PDA

View Full Version : e7 wagon sussy

benno93
28th May 2010, 08:54 PM
hey guys i know theres some info on here but used the search and couldnt find much. Pretty much want a ae71 sedan but iv found a mint wagon.

just wondering what mods are available as far as rear suspension is concearned on the wagons, iv done some research and have seen flipped leafs, lowering blocks and such. but for a lowdown wagon how much work is it to get coilovers in there. or is it fine with lowering blocks. also iv read that panhard rod and swaybars are difficult to fit.

car will be daily but i dont really mind the comfort issue. want it to be stiff, responsive and lowdown

thanks guys any input apreciated

Sam-Q
29th May 2010, 10:33 AM
moved to tech section and I will answer your question when I have some time

bigdaddykane
29th May 2010, 11:43 AM
lowering blocks are shit, flipped leafs are ok but not the best, reset leafs are good, swaybar isnt to hard to fit you can get kits for them, panhad rod you would have to weld on brackets i think? as for rear coilovers no idea, someone did a s13 rear coilover conversion but it was alot of work, just do a 4 link conversion if you have a welder cant be that hard

AJPS
29th May 2010, 08:48 PM
reset leaves with a swaybar and decent shocks isnt bad, new bushes in the leaf eyes and its pretty reasonable...

Sam-Q
30th May 2010, 10:29 AM
reset lower springs with an extra leaf is a necessity if your going to stick with them, from there maybe some anti-tramp rods.

Welding in place a pan-hard is a serious job and if I was to do it I would look to see if the sedan version of the mount could be made to fit.

benno93
31st May 2010, 09:43 PM
Another thing can you adjust the height and get it realy low or not. And is the setup reliable for drift use or am i just better off getting a sedan.
thanks for the feedback guys

rhys2229
31st May 2010, 10:13 PM
Another thing can you adjust the height and get it realy low or not. And is the setup reliable for drift use or am i just better off getting a sedan.
thanks for the feedback guys
just get a sedan if you want to slide, to much effort for a wagon

benno93
31st May 2010, 10:26 PM
everyone in the shire is driving an e7 with cut springs, i want to be a bit different but im thinking its a little too much effort especially as i got no idea what im doing

rhys2229
25th July 2010, 09:12 PM
everyone in the shire is driving an e7 with cut springs, i want to be a bit different but im thinking its a little too much effort especially as i got no idea what im doing

i've actually bought a wagon as of today, looked up some info on lowering leafs springs, seems pretty easy to pull apart the leaf pack and flip one or two of the midle leafs and remove the short one at the bottom, that should lower it and stiffen it as well, i've also noticed stock e7 leafs are stiffer than stock rear coils in a sedan, seems safer than what alot of clowns do in sedans by just cutting stock springs and leaving stock shocks

--Redwork--
25th July 2010, 09:22 PM
Flipping leafs by just seperating the pack and put them back together will DECREASE you spring rate as the leaf is bent the other way placing force in the opposite dirrection...
And removing leafs will aslo lower the spring rate...
Get the car, work out exactly how much lower you want to go, and then get them reset by a reputable spring joint...
The leaves in my old 1200 ute took 3 goes to get right.. first place totally F*&#ed them, second time good place made a mistake that they fixed for free and then is was win..

Get the springs reset and fit good HARD bushes and you'll be on your way...
Panhard isn't really nescesary unless you running really tight tyre to guard clearaness.. as with good bushes (and almost flat leaves) the diff won't move laterally very much..

rhys2229
26th July 2010, 02:22 PM
Flipping leafs by just seperating the pack and put them back together will DECREASE you spring rate as the leaf is bent the other way placing force in the opposite dirrection...
And removing leafs will aslo lower the spring rate...
Get the car, work out exactly how much lower you want to go, and then get them reset by a reputable spring joint...
The leaves in my old 1200 ute took 3 goes to get right.. first place totally F*&#ed them, second time good place made a mistake that they fixed for free and then is was win..

Get the springs reset and fit good HARD bushes and you'll be on your way...
Panhard isn't really nescesary unless you running really tight tyre to guard clearaness.. as with good bushes (and almost flat leaves) the diff won't move laterally very much..

how much is it to reset them? did they add any leafs?

Jacobxxx
26th July 2010, 03:02 PM
price is about $200-$400 for reset leafs, and add one leaf for stiffness.
im actually about to call a place about my panelvan ill come back after and tell you what they say.

70wagon
26th July 2010, 03:43 PM
if you have the time and think you are capable of doing it its worth it! wagons are awesome! i have reset leafs, 1 inch lowering blocks, kyb sierra shocks and an 86 sway bar in mine worked pretty good but pretty much sat on bump stops, i have resently fitted coil springs as well as the above but havent had a chance to test them yet....

4doors
26th July 2010, 05:55 PM
i too have a wagon, and all of this info is helpful as i want to upgrade rear suspension soon... I'd like to know what destroyer is going to say...

rhys2229
26th July 2010, 07:06 PM
if you have the time and think you are capable of doing it its worth it! wagons are awesome! i have reset leafs, 1 inch lowering blocks, kyb sierra shocks and an 86 sway bar in mine worked pretty good but pretty much sat on bump stops, i have resently fitted coil springs as well as the above but havent had a chance to test them yet....
with the rear shocks, i havnt had a proper look at the mounting of them yet, can i use my ke sedan short strokes? didnt seem to come through the wheel guards like in a sedan

rhys2229
15th August 2010, 09:55 PM
price is about $200-$400 for reset leafs, and add one leaf for stiffness.
im actually about to call a place about my panelvan ill come back after and tell you what they say.
how much did they quote you?