PDA

View Full Version : ssr mk III

1988whitey
29th May 2010, 02:03 PM
14 by 7-7.5-8's

any of the above need a pair not worried about centers condition i have centers but i have a buckled outer where my girlfriend had a disagrement with a gutter while going through a roundabout she spun 180 and cliped the gutter.

so let me know what you have only need a pair.

to fit rwd corrolla ae71

pen15
29th May 2010, 03:37 PM
you will find it hard to replace the outershell as ssr wheels are welded what you might have to do is get some new shells made up

1988whitey
29th May 2010, 06:31 PM
yeah i know what you mean just with the mkIII they have that removable center which mine is fine so if someone has a compleate outer rim or one with a ratty looking center i will just undo all the bolts and replace it with my centers. but i think my best bet is going to be just buying a new compleat set cos i doubt someone is going to have a pair of ssr mk IIIs lying round without centers lol

shift_rook
29th May 2010, 06:35 PM
want me to grab you some links form yahoo? a couple on atm, just pm aaron(shakotan garage) with the max you want to spend and the links and he can do the rest, pm me if you want the links

steroidchickens
30th May 2010, 10:19 AM
get it fixed mate.
i owned those mk3s before you and i had to get one fixed. not that dear.
wheel repair centre fixed it.

also the centre is in between the 2 outers. so to get the centre out you have to get the weld machined out.

1988whitey
30th May 2010, 12:17 PM
so then if i did get the weld machined out the rim is going to fall apart isnt it??? i was sorta hoping that i might be able to get something with alittle more dish on the back to and using this as a great excuss. but i think i should defantly find out how much to get them fix to so i know what im spending in relation. where about is wheel repair center?

thanx brad

steroidchickens
30th May 2010, 06:21 PM
they relocated from hornsby. not sure where they are now.

they are 3 piece but once bolted together the seal is then welded to sorta make them 1 piece.

the money it will cost you, you would be better off repairing them, selling them. then buying a new set off yahoo in a better size from japan.

1988whitey
30th May 2010, 09:54 PM
thanx brad i will look find out where they are. thanks for your help your a legend. i will proberly do that get some 8 under the rear of the rolla lol might be tight but nothing a bit of masageing wont fix.