PDA

View Full Version : coilover help

stx-16
31st May 2010, 10:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-COILOVER-DAMPER-KIT-84-87-TOYOTA-COROLLA-AE86-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3effe9e31cQQitemZ27058 1490460QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

so has anyone used them i know there not even in the same league as tein or cucso but my girlfriend found some other ones brand new never fitted and for a fair bit cheaper
they will be going in her car (stockish ae71) can some ones just give me some pros and cons about them
sam.

Jacobxxx
31st May 2010, 10:58 PM
stolen from another forum

Megan Racing: are made in Taiwan, allegedly by the same people who make the Apexi units. They are weapon of choice for a lot of the guys in the US, but this is largely because they have made such a huge marketing push into that arena – so try and push aside the hype. From all accounts, they are not a bad option, they allegedly ride quite nicely and they go LOW. If you want more feedback on them, jump onto vipstylecars.com forum as I know there are a number of guys running on them with good things to say. They are a middle of the road coilover as reflected by their pricing. Unfortunately, no distributor in Australia at the moment, so you’d need to be factoring in postage to your pricing which might put you into a whole new pricing bracket.

just get thheeeemmm....

cause ill be taking the rears hehe

lawrencelalot
31st May 2010, 11:05 PM
con: you have to cut your struts and weld(?) them to the bottom of the coilover; they're not just a bolt on part.

Jacobxxx
31st May 2010, 11:08 PM
theres actually a pair of struts for sale right now with the cut/weld job done.

Sam-Q
31st May 2010, 11:17 PM
now I know this isn't polite but I don't take positive opinions on amercian forums very seriously. I have seen some seriously stupid work and parts with everyone patting them on the back for it

Jacobxxx
31st May 2010, 11:21 PM
was taken from an Australian forum

http://aus-vip.com/index.php?showtopic=794

but they are into VIP so i dunnoooo

stx-16
2nd June 2010, 10:12 PM
will the fronts weld on the ae71 struts or will she have to get ae86 struts?

Cerby86
2nd June 2010, 10:35 PM
a) i doubt it
b) even if they can i wouldn't, since you will struggle to get any decent shocks for them, especially short stroke shocks. move to ae86 struts because they have a more common diameter

Dylan
3rd June 2010, 08:20 AM
BC are now making coilovers with the stub axles, around $1300

stx-16
3rd June 2010, 08:51 AM
but i can get the megan ones for $600 never fitted lol

FLT LNR
3rd June 2010, 07:50 PM
but i can get the megan ones for $600 never fitted lol

With 200 shipping to aus

Racing logic make a kit, needs cut and weld with 86 struts but the quality is much better and can be serviced and repaired here in aus.
The rear are also a proper bolt in coilover with no need to move mounts on the rear.

Jacobxxx
3rd June 2010, 08:08 PM
the $600 ones are like 20 minutes from his house.

if it were me id just go it, not like she'll be doing drift days and really attempting to fuck the shit out of them.

marvis
3rd June 2010, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't do it.