PDA

View Full Version : Ae86 door locks ?

AIROCOBRA
5th June 2010, 02:18 PM
I need a set of door locks & keys suit AE86 . Any one know if any other car has door locks the same as the AE86 ADM .

gumbie
5th June 2010, 06:31 PM
Find someone wrecking a sprinter and just buy the keys/locks and ignition barrel?

DOG the rolla hunter
5th June 2010, 07:37 PM
bet my beard that you can buy them new . the brand of the locks are 'nice' . they pretty much have the whole market covered. after ,market parts store would have them for sure

tezza88
5th June 2010, 07:51 PM
check out supercheap auto.
i use to work there, and we could order nice locks in.
Dont remember AE86 on the list. but definitely the KE rollas are in it.
but if u want some stylish ones, i rekn solex are pretty neat. and they are a discontinued line at SCA so selling them under cost price.
think they're going for 15bux or so for a set now since no1 wanted them before. lol

Andy San
5th June 2010, 08:02 PM
Daihatsu charade circa 1992 model have the same door locks, probably a bit more readily available

squish_m8
5th June 2010, 08:17 PM
not hard to make others fit from different cars either. you'll just need to make sure the barrels are similar so that minimal molestation is done to the doors in the process

choppyspin
6th June 2010, 10:28 AM
Dont buy solex they are shit nothing but trouble and no security at all. You can buy after market locks new for about $30. If you want them to work off the same key that you have for your rest of your car either buy them from a locksmith and they will key them up or take them in and they will adjust them to work of your old key.

wntdae86
6th June 2010, 11:12 AM
why are solex shit ?? was thinking of putting them in my 86