PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing a 4age

odessy
7th June 2010, 11:06 PM
Have been researching to do a 4age conversion into my ke70. Where would the bast place to get an engine from. I was thinking 16v smallport. Are these easy to pickup? Should I try calling around wreckers looking for one? Also since these seem to
be quite old, would it likely need freshening up? What would be recomended to get it
freshen it up and how much would this cost?

Thanks for any help

Sam-Q
7th June 2010, 11:14 PM
a beaten up corolla on ebay might be an good bet, you can sell off the unusued bits too

Aezion
8th June 2010, 12:36 AM
ive seen complete 16v smallport packs go for 1200-1500 im chasing one myself.
*ae86/ae71 - thats everything 4age 16v complete engine, rwd inlet, manifold, loom, altanator, rwd water pump/setup. thats what you need for a ae71/ae86 plus your exhaust system & fuel pump. pretty sure thats everything.
*ke70 - if you have a ke70 you will need that gear ^ plus a t50 gearbox, rwd mounts, pedal box, tailshaft i think hydrulic brake/clutch setup? and a ae86 or 71 fuel tank? not 100% sure on the last to items <

If you get a complete 4age rwd/fwd & the time/money/knowledge you can replace all the gaskets/seals, valves, skim the head. etc bottom end of the ge blocks are usually solid as dont need much attention.

correct me if im wrong guys

leo_palmer
10th June 2010, 06:59 PM
couldnt be more right^^^^^^^^^^^ but the fuel tanks im not sure about you will need a fuel pump as well

4age can we either really good or bad, depends on the engine.

you could buy a ae71 pedal box, or you could be super cool like me and get a tilton box !

Sam-Q
10th June 2010, 09:16 PM
you shouldnt have to skim the head or block

tyrone098
11th June 2010, 01:11 AM
Pickles seems like a good idea especially if you get a chance to hear the car running prior and they you can sell all usable/undamaged parts that you don't need. they are fairly cheap and here is SA if the car is 15 years or older it is unable to be repaired and put back onto the road which only lowers the price :D

Chrisso
11th June 2010, 12:07 PM
Pick and Payless in melbourne have sales on different parts every week. When it comes around to engines you can pick up a bare engine for $50. You just have to spend the time taking it out. That's how I got my first 4age. I then proceeded to stash all the rest of the parts in obscure places and went back for them as they came on sale.

Aezion
12th June 2010, 12:46 AM
Pick and Payless in melbourne have sales on different parts every week. When it comes around to engines you can pick up a bare engine for $50. You just have to spend the time taking it out. That's how I got my first 4age. I then proceeded to stash all the rest of the parts in obscure places and went back for them as they came on sale.

lol sly rac00n

Sam-Q
12th June 2010, 12:49 AM
which place is pick and payless? pick a part?

you should hide your parts in the 4 cylinder commodors, I am pretty sure no-one would go near them hehehe