PDA

View Full Version : Body loom issues

biggo
9th June 2010, 08:42 PM
Long story but i have an 86 here that had its body loom removed, so i thought itd be fine and dandy to put an old body loom of mine in that way hanging around. All is well and good kind of, but the main issue i have is that i cant find ZEE PLUG FOR THE HEADLIGHT rheostat.

What i did discover however is that next to the ign swtich plug theres that one that plugs into the indicator et al. And next to that was another plug. This plug next to the plug had the wiring for the wipers. Thing was, theres nothing on the other side of that plug for it to work. So i chopped it off and im going to wire them into the wiper switch on the dash surround.

Anyway, back to the origanal problem, do I chop the headlight wires out of the indicator stalk plug and wire them to the headlight rheostat on the dash surround? Or do i splice some wires in to/from the headlight switch.

I have the electrical wiring book pdf thing and theres nothing in there that matches whats been done to my loom.

I think its possible that someones gone thru some effort to convert to a different indicator/headlight stalk. Could someone take some detailed photos for me?