PDA

View Full Version : SA: CA18DE. Fresh as ice. Perfect for turbo conversion.

dropz
10th June 2010, 12:16 AM
CA18DE Engine. comes with wiring loom, ecu, afm, auto trans and spare bellhousing. Has aircon compressor, and alternator but no power steering pump. It has a starter motor.

INFO:
Done 60,000kms, I have put all genuine parts on it including: headgasket, rocker cover gaskets, water pump, sump half moon seals, spark plugs, water pump (and bolts as I lost the old ones) and included are aircon, power steering and alternator belts. It has a non genuine timing belt as I forgot to get it when I was at the dealership, this belt has come from Repco. Receipts will be included for proof of purchase and purchase date.

The motor is extremely clean, I have pics for those interested.

Now there is nothing wrong with the motor the reason I did all the work listed is because when I bought the motor I felt it a good idea to do a compression test (by hand). Cylinders 4, 3 and 2 all came up with 140 dry and 145 wet (approx). When I took the #1 spark plug out I noticed the ceramic was cracked, and some had fallen on the piston head upon removal. Not wanting to risk scratching the bores or causing damage to valves etc I decided to pull the head off. When it was off I decided it was a good idea to check the big end bearings as it wasn't exactly much work, and give it a new water pump and timing belt to freshen it up a bit. All checks came up good and it appears to be very healthy.

At some stage the motor has been turboed, i know this because there was evidence of blow by in the intake side of the head, since then I have cleaned it out.

It's kept on an engine stand and I turn it over at least once a week.

I'd be looking for $1000 due to the condition of the parts and the time spent on freshening it up. If you have any other queries let me know. It is a solid motor that would be great for a turbo conversion, or chuck it in as is, it won't disappoint!

Contact: PM or 0414 584 266 Note: Please txt. I get horrible reception at home (live in the hills) which makes phone calls very hard.

Cheers, Karl.

dropz
12th June 2010, 09:12 PM
Bump.

Offers are welcome.

The freshest CA you'll find anywhere.