PDA

View Full Version : Highbeam indicator not working

dtour
13th June 2010, 03:22 PM
So after i installed my HID Kit my highbeam indicator stopped working,
i have tried this http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/102754-bi-xenon-hid-conversion-no-high-beam-indicator.html but it didnt work for me.
i have tested to make sure that the light isnt burnt and its not
so i was just wondering does anyone know another way to fix this?

Cheers

dtour
14th June 2010, 04:45 PM
anyone? this is starting to shit me

Skylar
14th June 2010, 10:24 PM
Did you try the resistor between the correct pins? There's no reason why that shouldn't work.

This probably makes no sense but try to follow it. Red is the problem, green is the new trigger circuit and blue is the new output.

dtour
16th June 2010, 10:46 PM
Did you try the resistor between the correct pins? There's no reason why that shouldn't work.

This probably makes no sense but try to follow it. Red is the problem, green is the new trigger circuit and blue is the new output.

LOL thanks dude, that diagram confused the hell out of me, i havnt read one of those since high school

Perhaps you could exlpain it but i will try that resistor thing again, which pins should i be connecting?

Skylar
17th June 2010, 04:18 PM
Connect the red/black or red/blue(depends on which side is free) to red/green through the resistor.

The diagram says, the power that comes to the high beam indicator through the fuse and the globe is no longer there as the globe is removed out of the circuit. It only uses the two earth wires and not the power since the HID units get their own power. So instead, use a relay triggered off the stalk to switch the indicator on, total overkill using a 30A relay but no other easy way other than using a transistor.