PDA

View Full Version : A vouch speedlimit changes in aus

Zach
15th June 2010, 11:38 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TELMuD0-FDA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TELMuD0-FDA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-ECr8UXCMk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-ECr8UXCMk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I found this heaps interesting.

Konakid
16th June 2010, 01:13 AM
This wins.

Moebius
16th June 2010, 11:21 AM
It's good to see someone trying to do the right thing, instead of the usual cheap journalism bagging hoons. It's a pity politicians don't care about what's right, just about what's popular opinion at the time.

Clinton
16th June 2010, 12:47 PM
great, We've all only been shouting it at the top of our lungs for the last 5 years.

Richard
16th June 2010, 01:35 PM
anyone wana sumarise it for me im at work and dont want to sit here and watch a 10min youtube?

KENut
16th June 2010, 02:14 PM
Nah man you have to watch it yourself

Richard
16th June 2010, 02:25 PM
hairy muff ill wait till i get home

marvis
16th June 2010, 04:30 PM
I fucking wish the government would take notice to this..

But I don't see them giving a fuck, can't make money from it.

driftke70
16th June 2010, 07:21 PM
my weasel posted this on facebook a couple of days ago,

its good viewing and he hits the nail on the head pretty good.

rthy
16th June 2010, 07:39 PM
hell, its about time... sign me up

driftke70
16th June 2010, 07:41 PM
should give the videos heaps of views.

Nicko
16th June 2010, 07:56 PM
Skaifey is an Anus.

Can't they find anyone else to bring this to the medias attention.

Like one of those Luff wankers they use on Today Tonight ? :D

driftke70
16th June 2010, 08:43 PM
hes probably the best person to do it imho

AJPS
16th June 2010, 09:14 PM
i did a study on speed limits in year 12.

And any of the studies i read where they reduced the speed limits in america during the opec oil crisis, fatalities rose sharply.

Only to FALL again when the limit was raised.

The management of the roads is one of few things I hate about Australia.

Relaxing speed limits and speed detection WILL reduce the road toll.

If youre doing 10km/ph over the limit, you are alert, looking forward, not on your phone, not messing with the stereo, youre driving.

If youre doing 10km/ph under the limit, youre bored, restless, frustrated, and easily distracted..by your phone or stereo and more likely to make a rash move or perform a dangerous overtake

Zach
17th June 2010, 12:15 AM
Dave, You just summed it up the best way possible i think.

Richard
17th June 2010, 11:18 AM
i did a study on speed limits in year 12.

And any of the studies i read where they reduced the speed limits in america during the opec oil crisis, fatalities rose sharply.

Only to FALL again when the limit was raised.

The management of the roads is one of few things I hate about Australia.

Relaxing speed limits and speed detection WILL reduce the road toll.

If youre doing 10km/ph over the limit, you are alert, looking forward, not on your phone, not messing with the stereo, youre driving.

If youre doing 10km/ph under the limit, youre bored, restless, frustrated, and easily distracted..by your phone or stereo and more likely to make a rash move or perform a dangerous overtake

makes sense

ke70dave
17th June 2010, 01:42 PM
the problem however is the following:

for the last ~30yrs or whatever the goverment has been telling us all that speed kills, and speed is the problem.

think about how much time, money has been spent on telling us all about how speed kills, and the money spent on police/speed cameras.

i doubt the government is prepared to turn around and say "everything we have been doing for the last ~30yrs to help with road fatalities was wrong"

ive not had any speed tickets, but if i did and they changed their ways, i would sure be asking for my money back!!

unfortunately i cant see the government changing their plan of attack, unless they are prepared to admit they were wrong, which im not sure they will.

driftke70
17th June 2010, 02:59 PM
the key behind that is that we have more than one side of government, if people voted for liberal party in qld who have been hinting at the idea of getting rid of cameras, they dont have to say what "we" did was wrong, but instead, what "they" did was wrong.

dave2221
17th June 2010, 03:33 PM
i find its easier to live by another philosophy

politician = wrong

ArbPotatoes
15th July 2010, 01:42 AM

so damn true. dave for prime minister

xsoarerx
15th July 2010, 12:02 PM

THIS ^^^

so true, sitting on 1 buck 20, both hands on wheel concentrating (mostly looking for cop cars tho) @ 80 half asleep listening to music.

the worst part tho is the roads you know are designed for much higher speeds than that which is signed.

a road of say 100km/s has a design speed limit of 180+ as you have to design for the 85th percential driver (15% will travel over the design speed of the road) if i remember my road design class right.

M1 in parts is designed for well over that... but 120 is not an unsave speed at all between logan and gold coast... where it goes back to two lanes 100 is fine.

AJPS
15th July 2010, 04:35 PM
THIS ^^^

so true, sitting on 1 buck 20, both hands on wheel concentrating (mostly looking for cop cars tho) @ 80 half asleep listening to music.

the worst part tho is the roads you know are designed for much higher speeds than that which is signed.

a road of say 100km/s has a design speed limit of 180+ as you have to design for the 85th percential driver (15% will travel over the design speed of the road) if i remember my road design class right.

M1 in parts is designed for well over that... but 120 is not an unsave speed at all between logan and gold coast... where it goes back to two lanes 100 is fine.

also if you are doing UNDER the limit not only are YOU distracted the person behind you will be losing their minds in frustration and probably attempt to over take in a dangerous place.

I love the people in the 40 zones around my house.

If you drive at 60 they all look at you and get angry.

THOSE ROADS HAVE BEEN 60 FROM THE FIRST TIME SPEED LIMITS WERE INTRODUCED.

Only in the last few years have they gone to 40. And heavily policed too.

There was 1 fatality in about 50 years.

They are still 60km/ph roads with 40 signs on them, in my opinion

Also with the roads at 40, pedestrians get complacent and just walk out on the road.

driftnick13
15th July 2010, 06:53 PM
watching the speedo and not the road = fail

nothing is going to change, our Government and Police at allways going to push speed kills crap onto us and people are to stupid to think for themselfs

GAKI86
20th July 2010, 12:27 AM
how about showing fully hektic bravado with one hand super man steering and doing flybys on girly cars combined with you want to fight stare while changing your yallah tunes on the doing 120km on 100 km zone valid?