jdm86gtz
11th July 2010, 12:06 AM
Car - Daihatsu Charmant

motor - 4A

use - Street/drift

problem - No interior

occurs/started when - I bought it

personal situation - :embarassed:

I bought a Daihatsu Charmant which is very close to KE70 I think anyway I didn't get all of the wiring with it but I got a full AE86 wiring loom so I was gonna try fit all AE86 stuff to it. I'm hoping to fit the cracked dash from my Trueno to it, but the car doesn't use the bar from pillar to pillar like AE86 but mounts the steering column to a bracket coming from the bulkhead. Anybody try something like this before? Any tips? I'm talking about the safety pad and clocks and glove box etc.

Here's a pic

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/8/48594.jpg

benno93
11th July 2010, 12:24 AM
dude, just drive the trueno

roadsailing
11th July 2010, 12:42 AM
bags of zip ties, you;re going to need two of the big ones. for what it's worth i only hooked up one wire from the 4AGE loom up to my instrument cluster, and it was the speed sensor wire, and it didn't work.

jdm86gtz
11th July 2010, 12:51 AM
I'm missing the relay box that mounts onto the battery tie down bracket and I have the wiring and spare dash and parts for AE86 are much easier to find than for KEs or Charmants. Reason for the Charmant is for wrecking.

Sam-Q
11th July 2010, 01:01 AM
edit: I wish my english skills wouldn't suck

benno93
11th July 2010, 01:05 AM
I'm hoping to fit the cracked dash from my Trueno to it...........

but he has one?

hachi_dk
11th July 2010, 03:57 AM
bags of zip ties, you;re going to need two of the big ones. for what it's worth i only hooked up one wire from the 4AGE loom up to my instrument cluster, and it was the speed sensor wire, and it didn't work.

lmfao, that made me lol......

Sam-Q
11th July 2010, 10:06 AM
but he has one?

yeah ok you got me, not the first time this has happened

marvis
11th July 2010, 11:21 AM
KE70 dash?

--Redwork--
11th July 2010, 11:28 AM
no dash.... Who needs to now how much fuel you have or how fast you are going..

No dash FTW and a milk crate for your glove box.... Held in with zippy ties of corse..
OR... just leave whats aready in it. IN IT...

jdm86gtz
11th July 2010, 11:45 AM
When I say dash I mean the whole lot not just the gauges.
I bought it fairly gutted and am going running AE86 running gear in it, I'm missing some of the original Charmant wiring bits necessary to get everything running but the car came with complete AE86 wiring from late spec Jap Levin, I have a dash top and a lot of the parts required, the 4A-GE loom will plug straight in with no messing and control fuel pump etc. nice and neatly.
So no KEs done before?