18th July 2010, 05:00 PM
Car - ae71

motor - 4age 16v

use - dori

problem - alternator wiring

occurs/started when - new motor and wolf 3d

personal situation - getting extremley pissed off

hey guys,

having some problems with wiring up my car to the wolf 3d.
1st off, i've trowled the net looking at diagrams etc for hooking up the wiring for the 4age alternator.
now i know the 4age has a internal regulator so i no longer need mine.
now read some post etc and found the correct wires to hook up to my alternator, but they all come from the regulator loom. is this correct?

Skylar
18th July 2010, 05:20 PM
I don't really know what you're saying but alternator has a 3 pin plug and a big fat wire. The three pin plug has a white wire and two others. You can join the white to the big wire. The other two wires, run them to the plug the where the regulator used to plug in and match up the colours.

Matt
18th July 2010, 10:25 PM
Alternator wiring on the 4age...

IGN - 12v ignition power
S - 12v Constant Power
L - Earths out the light on the dash.
Thick White Wire - 12v Constant power

L - Is the yellow wire
S - Is the white wire
IGN - The other wire colour

I'd recommend not joining the smaller white to the bigger white wire, and connecting it via a fuse to the battery. I've seen weird things happen when people do this with voltage regulation.

ke70dave
18th July 2010, 10:56 PM
you cant have trawled very hard....

FAQ of rollaclub has stacks of info

here you go:

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/A_Series/Alternator_Wiring_Diagram

Hen may possibly be a nut
19th July 2010, 05:39 AM
Find the AE86 manual with the long pullout wiring diagrams in the back (it's around the net a few places). It includes both int. and ext. reg alternators.

If you draw a box around the 4AC alternator and reg there are 3 wires coming out. Draw a box around the 4AGE internally regged alternator and there are also 3 wires coming out, which happen to be the same colours. Connecting them should now be obvious.

Hen