Extremely Rare 3SGE BEAMS Redtop

Toyota Celica ST184
Manual
Black
approx 140xxx kms on engine
approx 220xxx kms on body
(most things replaced or upgraded)

Engine
3SGE Beams Redtop VVTI 4cylinder 2.0 Litre Fuel injected (135xxxkms)
(Puts out 200hp and is N/A)

Clutch & Gearbox
Heavy duty Clutch, Stock Manual 5spd Celica Gearbox

Suspension
Sustec Fully Adjustable Coilovers

Exhaust
Stock, twin tip muffler

Wheels
now 17" ROH

Exterior
Full Veilside Body Kit

Interior
Mainly stock
Slightly changed colour interior

I.C.E
Full Pioneer System
Pioneer head unit USB capable
6.5” speakers with splits in front
6” speakers in rear
Both sets run by 2 channel amps

Great car for P plater
P plate legal and puts out approx 200hp
whole car re painted less than 6 months ago
Has been serviced in last 7500kms
Have had both cv and driveshafts replaced
Wheel Bearings have been replaced
Radiator has been replaced

Condition: Good
Price: $7000 ONO (will do cheaper minus rego, stereo etc) or swaps for something rwd and cash my way (no commos or falcons)

Having trouble posting pics, will get some on asap

plohl
8th August 2010, 12:40 PM
where'd you get the enigne? i want one!

good luck with sale

joey_jones1213
8th August 2010, 12:49 PM
where'd you get the enigne? i want one!

good luck with sale

got the engine and conversion done by rollin imports at burleigh,
yeah they go hard, really good for N/A

cheers

AE71 InSaNiTy
8th August 2010, 02:32 PM
Great car for P plater
P plate legal

I'm pretty sure that it is not a P-Plater legal car mate. I just did a bit of research and it turns out you will need to have it mod-plated in QLD or engineered in NSW. If you do either of those things it is illegal for a P-Plater to drive it.

"Prohibited vehicles
The prohibited vehicle condition restricts provisional (P1 and P2) drivers from driving certain high performance vehicles. The condition applies to provisional licences issued on or after 11 July 2005. The scheme aims to prohibit young driver access to vehicles that are overrepresented in young driver crashes.

Prohibited vehicles are those with:

Eight or more cylinders (except diesel).
A turbocharged engine (except diesel).
A supercharged engine (except diesel).
Engine performance modifications that require an engineers' certificate.
Certain high performance six cylinder engine vehicles or other vehicles as described in the publication Novice Drivers - High Performance Vehicle Restrictions."
- http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/car/p1p2_conditions.html

"High-powered (performance) vehicle restriction
High powered (performance) vehicle restrictions apply for the duration of P1 (http://tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Getting-a-licence/Car-licence/Provisional-licence/P1-licence.aspx) and P2 (http://tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Getting-a-licence/Car-licence/Provisional-licence/P2-licence.aspx) licence periods for licence holders under the age of 25 years.
These restrictions also apply to probationary licence holders who return from a disqualification (http://tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Licence-suspensions-and-disqualifications.aspx) to a P1 or P2 probationary licence, where at the time of the offence they were under 25 years of age. These limits apply for the duration of the probationary period regardless of age.

High powered (performance) vehicles include those with:

eight or more cylinders
a turbo-charged or super-charged engine that is not diesel powered
an engine that has a power output of more than 200 kW as per the manufacturer's specifications
a rotary engine that has an engine capacity of more than 1146cc as per the manufacturer's specifications
a modified engine that must be approved under the Transport Operations (Road Use Management — Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999, section 30 (http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/OQPChome.htm)."
- http://tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Getting-a-licence/Car-licence/Restrictions/High-powered-and-performance-vehicles.aspx

"you just about always have to change the ECU you should get one with the new engine, unless your buying it from some place dodgey, warning: moving to a 3sge will require mod plate as the car was never released here in aus with that engine, and only a rev 2 3sge from a ST182 will bolt right up and ECU will plug into the cars wiring, ST202 will need a bit of work, and beams will need alot of work."

- http://www.ozcelica.com/deltaforum/index.php?showtopic=6908

If you can show me how it is P-plate legal I would really like to know, as I have had to comply with this ridiculous rule myself.

joey_jones1213
8th August 2010, 02:43 PM
Didnt need an engineers certificate
as it was going from 2.2 litre down to 2.0 so capacity wasnt being increased. was done by rollin imports and they said if i took it to mechs to get a cert there wouldnt be anything they would have to cert, someone did the same conversion into a camry and they didnt need a eng cert either.
Ive had the car for around a year with the engine done and have also had it re-registered in my name and no issues what so ever.

AE71 InSaNiTy
8th August 2010, 02:54 PM
as it was going from 2.2 litre down to 2.0 so capacity wasnt being increased. was done by rollin imports and they said if i took it to mechs to get a cert there wouldnt be anything they would have to cert, someone did the same conversion into a camry and they didnt need a eng cert either.
Ive had the car for around a year with the engine done and have also had it re-registered in my name and no issues what so ever.

Is the 3SGE engine number on the car registration papers?

joey_jones1213
8th August 2010, 03:21 PM
Its been all changed over and no issues

AE71 InSaNiTy
8th August 2010, 04:22 PM
Its been all changed over and no issues

The engine number on the registration papers would have to have changed from 5S******* to 3S********... I can't understand how QLD Transport would do that for you without getting it mod-plated first.

joey_jones1213
8th August 2010, 04:34 PM
if you looked at the car its registered in NSW so must be different in QLD or something.
But i didnt need an eng cert and the 3sge is a toyota engine, and I havnt had any trouble with it so far.

AE71 InSaNiTy
8th August 2010, 05:14 PM
if you looked at the car its registered in NSW so must be different in QLD or something.
But i didnt need an eng cert and the 3sge is a toyota engine, and I havnt had any trouble with it so far.

You need to check the engine number on the the 3SGE engine (3S********) and check that it is the same number that is on the registration papers of the vehicle. If the engine number doesn't line up with what is on the registration papers, then the vehicle isn't legal to drive on the road.

When you swap an engine in NSW you have two options:

Adjustment of Records - Take your car to a certified Blue-Slip station and they will read the new engine number and sign a form that you then take to the RTA to update. This occurs with the Sprinters when upgrading from 4A-C to 4A-GE or what I have done when upgrading my Corona from 18R-C to 18R-G. It only works if the first characters (4A or 18R) line up with the factory engine you took out.

or

Engineering Certificate - You get your car engineered. This is usually the case when the new engine number doesn't line up with the old one - like in your case 5S******** to 3S*********.

I understand that you are going from a 2.2L to a 2.0L but the engine number needs to be updated even if you a switching from your 2.2L 5S-FE to another 5S-FE - THE ENGINE NUMBER MUST BE UPDATED.

I doubt that any Blue-Slip station will tick off anything anything but another 5S******** in your car.

You MUST do one of the above options or the car isn't legally registered and if you are involved in an accident your car will not be covered because you are breaking the rules of registration by not having the engine in your car that is on the registration papers.

LordNafe
8th August 2010, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty certain that in qld you need a mod plate if it is larger capacity OR 25% more power. I'll check the document and get back to you :)

ae71ness
16th August 2010, 08:45 PM

not relevant to the sale but, ummm why?

Hachi_Tom
19th August 2010, 09:33 PM
As stated before, this is not p plate legal. The car did not come as a factory option with that engine, then it is not p plate legal, engineers cert, mod plate, whatever, still not legal.

joey_jones1213
23rd August 2010, 06:39 PM
This is p plate legal, it has passed rego after the conversion was done and I have talked to a number of mechanics about it, it is NOT v8 v10 or v12 engine, turbo or surpercharged, and most importantly it did NOT require a mod plate or eng. cert as the capacity wasnt being increased and also that the motor bolted straight onto the engine mounts from previous engine and nothing had to be changed.

ke70dave
23rd August 2010, 06:44 PM
yer we did same thing to a mates st162, went from a 3sfe to a 3sge. no mod plate required. went through department of transport and all that.

pluss this is a for sale thread, if a p plater wants to buy it im sure he can ask the questions himself. dont need to discuss it here.

either way i bet its a fun car to drive!!

joey_jones1213
23rd August 2010, 07:16 PM
yer we did same thing to a mates st162, went from a 3sfe to a 3sge. no mod plate required. went through department of transport and all that.

pluss this is a for sale thread, if a p plater wants to buy it im sure he can ask the questions himself. dont need to discuss it here.

Thanks mate finally someone that gets it.

Yeah deff a fun car to drive :)

AE71 InSaNiTy
24th August 2010, 07:04 PM

If you would care to read what I have already posted...

Adjustment of Records - Take your car to a certified Blue-Slip station and they will read the new engine number and sign a form that you then take to the RTA to update. This occurs with the Sprinters when upgrading from 4A-C to 4A-GE or what I have done when upgrading my Corona from 18R-C to 18R-G. It only works if the first characters (4A or 18R) line up with the factory engine you took out.

In NSW you can get around having to get an Engineering Certificate the following way:

- Basically, with any engine, in any car, to be legal without needed an engineering certificate, the beginning part of the engine number (18R, 4A, 3S) needs to be the same as the beginning of the engine number of the engine that was complied with the vehicle. Going from 18R to 18R-G can be done. Going from 3S-FE to 3S-GE can also be done!

Idealy, the car is only supposed to have in it exactly what is on the compliance plate.
This is where it gets confusing as to whether it is legal to register a 4A-GE (without an Engineering Certificate) in a Sprinter or AE71, as on the compliance plate for both of them, it clearly says 4A-C (I think).

The Toyota Celica ST184 only came with the 5S-FE engine.

This car needs to be Engineered, therefore it IS NOT P-PLATE LEGAL!

This issue DOES need to be discussed here, as the title of the thread states that this vehicle is P-Plate legal, when in fact IT IS NOT.

joey_jones1213
24th August 2010, 07:20 PM

In NSW you can get around having to get an Engineering Certificate the following way:

- Basically, with any engine, in any car, to be legal without needed an engineering certificate, the beginning part of the engine number (18R, 4A, 3S) needs to be the same as the beginning of the engine number of the engine that was complied with the vehicle. Going from 18R to 18R-G can be done. Going from 3S-FE to 3S-GE can also be done!

Idealy, the car is only supposed to have in it exactly what is on the compliance plate.
This is where it gets confusing as to whether it is legal to register a 4A-GE (without an Engineering Certificate) in a Sprinter or AE71, as on the compliance plate for both of them, it clearly says 4A-C (I think).

This issue DOES need to be discussed here, as the title of the thread states that this vehicle is P-Plate legal, when in fact IT IS NOT.

The car has not had to be engineered and didnt need to be, I wouldnt have gone through with the conversion if it had to be, as im a p plater myself I wouldnt want to be driving a non p plate legal car.
If you want to "discuss" this further PM me as this is a for sale thread.

ae71ness
24th August 2010, 07:59 PM

he's in brisbane so research laws from qld.

ke70dave
24th August 2010, 08:06 PM
damn you beat me to it.

trikzlane
24th August 2010, 08:32 PM
This is not a discusion thread, the person is trying to sell a car not talk about

P.s my ke70 is modplated for a 4age and im on my p plates, have been pulled over heaps of times and never have been in trouble for that

AE71 InSaNiTy
25th August 2010, 03:00 PM
If you would care to read what the OP has already posted...

joey_jones1213
4th September 2010, 09:31 PM
Bump
still here have had couple lookers so might be gone soon.
also to clear things up :D this is actually an imported ST182, which if you look up comes out factory with a 3sge.
(obviously not the beams but still a 3SGE)

joey_jones1213
9th September 2010, 10:23 PM
BUMP
still here

will come with roadworthy at right price :D

joey_jones1213
17th September 2010, 08:12 PM
BUMP
still here
$5000 for the lot, will include QLD rwc :)

squish_m8
17th September 2010, 09:29 PM
do you have any pics?

joey_jones1213
23rd September 2010, 07:20 PM
PM sent :)

joey_jones1213
28th September 2010, 07:47 PM
BUMP
still here
PM email address for pics (still cant upload them :S)

joey_jones1213
6th October 2010, 10:58 PM
BUMP
need this gone

joey_jones1213
18th October 2010, 06:05 PM
Bump.

joey_jones1213
2nd November 2010, 07:17 PM
Bump.