PDA

View Full Version : 4age Clutch pressure plate spring.

DearmanKE
22nd August 2010, 05:48 PM
Car - Ke70

motor - Smallport 4age

use - street

problem - pressure plate doesnt look right

occurs/started when - installed clutch

personal situation -
Ok so im halfway through doing a 4age conversion on my e7

today i bolted up my exedy heavy duty clutch do the flywheel and couldnt help but notice the pressure plate spring fins (the bit that the thrust bearing pushes on) were sitting quite straight (as opossed to poking out on a slight angle.

i put the gearbox on and there is a fair bit of distance you can move the clutch fork before the thrust bearing touches the spring fins, (no slave cylinder installed)

Im just abit unsure whether this is normal or not. any one else come accross this?
is it possible the FWD version of the clutch is different to rwd and maybe thats what i have been supplied?

Dylan
22nd August 2010, 05:58 PM
Did the spring fins compress when the pressure plate was tightened up? FWD and RWD clutches are the same so there should no problems there.
Is it a new clutch kit? if so i've never had any problems with Exedy or any other companies.

The clutch fork should move around 5mm before touching the pressure plate

DearmanKE
22nd August 2010, 06:09 PM
its got a fair bit more than 5mm in it id say 20mm.

and it did compress abit but once it was tight it still looked abit odd.

engine and box are in the car now, if it ends up bein a problem i guess its box out time

biggo
22nd August 2010, 07:41 PM
I dont think you will have a problem. With a clutch slave on gravity on the fluid will take up the extra distance.

DearmanKE
22nd August 2010, 10:04 PM
ah k yeah was thinkin that,
just cant get it out of my mind keep getting tempted to pull the box out, guesss ill just get it running first n wait n see