PDA

View Full Version : Misfire, cyclinder drop at idle and on partial load - 22RE

Konakid
26th August 2010, 01:19 AM
Car - RT142 Corona

motor - 22RE, new plugs, new leads, new filter

use - daily, thrashing

problem - Drops a cylinder on idle, doesnt quite idle smoothly, has done it since i bought it a year ago, plugs and leads didnt help. Also drops a cylinder under deceleration under 2000rpm.

Usually just drove around it, but recently has started misfiring under load after a good thrashing, barely idling, will get to around 3-4000 and then suddenly give full power. Temp guage shows its not hot at all.

Coil seems to be fine, constant sparking from each lead. All ive done is advanced the dizzy for 98 fuel but the problem was there before that.

Im thinking: Fuel filter, dizzy cap, rotor button, fuel pump. Will get a new cap and button this wkend anyway.

occurs/started when - I bought the sack of shit. Any help would be appreciated!

marvis
26th August 2010, 11:15 AM
Do you know how the compression is?

Andy San
26th August 2010, 01:17 PM
I reckon it's your injectors the more i think about it, is it ignition or fuel cut?

any big bangs when it goes back onto 4?

Konakid
26th August 2010, 01:31 PM
Havent tested compression yet

No big bangs, don't know whether its ignition or fuel, had the leads off and they were sparking fine against the manifold.

Motor ahs only done 280,000 thought the injectors would be ok. It has also started using a bit of coolant if that is of any help is started dropping some ocassionally now has stopped but im thinking BHG

keiichi
26th August 2010, 06:56 PM
water and or oil getting in to one of the cylinders? maybe at higher rpm and loads the crack is so small it cant leak through then. just a theory.

Dylan
26th August 2010, 07:20 PM
If its getting worse, using coolant, etc. I would suspect a BHG between the cylinders. A quick comp check will show you a fault.

RRX-007
27th August 2010, 12:28 AM
was reading about the same thing on a 4by website, about it getting to like 3-4 grand then kinda boosts,
they said about cleaning your injectors out, i ran some injector cleaner through a tank of petty to see what happened, worked a treat.. for that tank of petty.
thought this might help ya a bit anyway.

Konakid
27th August 2010, 01:28 AM
could be dude, might try some hey

Javal
27th August 2010, 01:51 AM
I meant to talk to you about this.

Konakid
27th August 2010, 10:12 AM
Talk to me.

Drove it to work today and it was fine, just drove it inder 3K no hard load etc and its fine. Seems to be only after revving it out it does it.

marvis
27th August 2010, 11:31 AM
I think I got some injectors here if you want them?