PDA

View Full Version : AE86 to TE72

TrdHowie
26th August 2010, 11:19 PM
Hey guys!

Got a few questions.

1. I have seen a video of a T-18 driving with a sprinter dash, was wondering how hard it would be and if anyone has herd of it being done? or has done it?

2. To put a 4AGE into a T-18..

Can a 3TC T50 be used behind the 4AGE (heard that they are different splines)
From steering box to rack and pinion. hard?
any other secrets to know? hard parts etc?

Thanks,
Howie

Sam-Q
26th August 2010, 11:24 PM
2- it is possible to change bellhousings between 20V transmissions but it's not easy. It's on toymods, otherwise change gearboxes. This shouldnt be hard though as they Celica guys want them still.

Now crossmembers is probably a welding proposition, you would have to join your steering column with another model. Whats your location anyway? could I get you to fill out your location box

TrdHowie
26th August 2010, 11:30 PM
Interesting.. what would you think would be better? efi turbo 3T or 4age?

Skylar
27th August 2010, 12:05 AM
I ran a T-18 in my TIII FC thinking, haha, why is he bothering to run me. Well, turns out the T-18 had a 3T-GTE and it's pretty much faster than a FC with a catback. I barely kept up with him but he had 2 passengers and mine had only me. The FC is a lot faster than a 4A-GE corolla though.

but I dunno, do the 4A-GE and switch to rack and peanut while you're at it.

Hen may possibly be a nut
27th August 2010, 07:00 AM
1 - Order 3TC parts from the US/Peurto Rico.
2 - Bolt on and do bigger skids than a 4A ever will
3 - ???
4 - Profit

From memory there are some single cam 3Ts in PR running sub-8 second quarter miles.

stouty
27th August 2010, 09:32 AM
Yeh 3tc make massive power if you have the money for some reson no one does anything with them over here America and Peurto Rico use them for drag and speedway and other motorsprts.
Look at BRD Racing.
I have a 3tg its combination of 2tg head and 3tc bottom end bored out to 1940cc makes 160hp at the wheels.

Rack and pinion is a matter of getting KE70 or AE71 complete steering coloum and AE71 or KE70 engine crossmember.
Fit the *E7* steering coloum
First cut of the engine mounts from the *E7* crossmember and the T-18 being very carful with the T-18 as you need these.
Bolt up the *E7* crossmember in the engine bay.
Bolt the T-18 mounts to the 3tc engine with the gearbox attached put in place on the *E7* crossmember bolt up the gearbox to the gearbox crossmember to get the correct location.
Then weld the T-18 mounts to the *E7* crossmember.
You now have rack and pinion steering.

Sam-Q
27th August 2010, 09:32 AM
you missed the pay shitload of cash bit Hen

oh also have a very old Hot 4s with a trueno doing 7s, must be a pretty solid block

Sam-Q
27th August 2010, 09:39 AM
so stouty the steering column bolts right in? well that would save all the dramas I have with the TA22 ones I have, I have to convert one as soon as I go outside now

stouty
27th August 2010, 12:10 PM
so stouty the steering column bolts right in? well that would save all the dramas I have with the TA22 ones I have, I have to convert one as soon as I go outside now

Yeh it does in my T-18 only thing i had to do is lengthen the shaft were the crash zone is. I just pulled the shaft out a lttle further so it was long enough to reach the steering rack clamp on the crossmember.
Although Chris (justhalfsteppin) didnt have this problem but he used a KE70 steering coloum and i used a AE71 not sure if there is a length differnce???

Skylar
27th August 2010, 08:02 PM
For some unknown reason the columns are different length between KE70 and AE71.