PDA

View Full Version : 16v with silvertop quads qusetions

pen15
31st August 2010, 10:11 PM
hey all after breaking yet another jdm throttlebody i have decided to go down the path of quad throttles i have a t3 adapter and complete silvertop quads now the questions are

1. whats the best way to do my vac lines for my map sensor

2. is the tps on the jdm 16v 4age the same as the silvertop quad throttles ie: can i just swap the tps from my 16v throttle over to the silvertop or do i need to find the plug of of the silvertop loom and cut and shut my jdm loom?

3. will i be able to drill a hold into my t3 quad adapter and tap into the runner to pressurize my brake booster off of one runner or is there another way i have to do it

thanks all

mat

Touge Boy
31st August 2010, 10:27 PM
I had that very setup on my 16V bigport... 20V S/T quads and T3/ adapter...

1) Using a vacuum log to tee each line into. Make one or you can actually buy them from T3.

2) Mine was using a 20V TPS, but I was using an adaptronic ECU with a kaizen garage patch loom so it may have been wired specifically for that.

3)There's a fitting on the 20V throttles themselves to put the line from the booster. At least, again, on mine there was.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/9/9/52416.jpg

Hope that helps.

pen15
1st September 2010, 10:23 PM
i cant seem to find where the booster line goes from the throttles themselves but as for the vac lines i think i can manage with them