PDA

View Full Version : Infomation needed on ECU/Tune

PRIMRK
1st September 2010, 12:05 PM
Hey All,

Just come back from the tuners and have a bit of homework to do.
Here is infomation about the car do your able to play along at home (and hopefuly help me with some answers.)

Car: AE86 Trueno

Year: 1986

Engine: 4age

Mods: Quad throttle bodys, coil pac and map convertion. We also believe cams but not comfirmed. Has fuel trim adjustment in dash (3 stages), havent figure out how or where they get their sig from, there is also electronic spark ignition (ESI) adjustment in the same unit. (there is many more but i believe these are the main one that matteras far as tuning go.)

ECU: Has TRD 89661-SP051 stamped on the board, chip has a sticker saying 'AE92-05' on it.

Also has an Apexi AFC neo (just had a play and now car idles at 500rpm...this is y i shouldnt touch things) the AFC neo was set to being a 6cyl not a 4 and isnt picking up a throttle position sig at all.

Fuel econ is around 310km per tank (fairly low as far as i know, this is what made me look at getting a tune cos its costing me a bit)

Now what is this ECU board out of, ive googled it and found a list of ECU part numbers with their corisponding model next to em, but this ECU Part number hasnt got anything next to it, is it because its TRD? the case also had the website toyota-ttc.co.jp on it (mean anything to you)

Any reason its been tuned as a 6 cyl?

Any one know about the fuel trims unit and ESI, its got TRD logo on it but the old owner was sticker happy and everything is TRD acording to him.

If you have any infomation on any of these components relivant to tuning please let me know as both the tuner and i are trying to get info so we know what we are dealing with...now im off to try and get my car to idle...without a TP sig...

PRIMRK
2nd September 2010, 12:42 PM
Found this list...yet again...all ecus are matched to a car apart from mine...

http://www.romut-radalle.com/toyecu.php

PRIMRK
2nd September 2010, 12:49 PM
Also just found that it was attached to N1 series cars...whats this mean?

Anthony
3rd September 2010, 02:48 AM
It means its a hand made ecu from the 80s and even if someone did know how to tune it, its probably borked in some way.:(

PRIMRK
7th September 2010, 01:57 PM
Ok the tuner has had a go at getting this to run right and has had no luck, there is not enough tuneability with the apexi handheld to get the fuels right.

There is a 10 position selector switch accessable through the case of the ecu as well as 3 dip switches on the inside. Has anyone got infomation on what these adjustments do?

If i cant find this infomation ill have to find the money for a wolf 3d v4x and have it installed in a 4age ecu case. (any one want to get a group buy for the v4x?)