PDA

View Full Version : what rim do i have? watanabe style

stefan
6th September 2010, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone, i have a pair of what look like watanabe rims but they're not genuine rims, they're that style but they have 20 or so hex head bolts around the rim simular to ssr style rims, so i want to know what brand they are?
Did ssr do a rip off verssion? and does anyone have a pair they want to sell as i'd like a set?
Cheers Stefan.

mm.mitch
6th September 2010, 02:08 AM
Without seeing them I am guessing you have watanabe rs-8s. I think they are 3 piece rims using ssr rim barrels and watanabe centers? I think from memory they should have the watanabe logo cast on the rim center?

willa
6th September 2010, 02:32 PM
They could also be Black Racing wheels, check for a little BR on the inner circle where the studs poke through.

stefan
6th September 2010, 09:01 PM
i have a few pics but dont know how to load them up, could anyone help please?
Cheers

shift_rook
6th September 2010, 09:03 PM
either use imageshack(google) or if you want to make an account use photobucket

biggo
6th September 2010, 09:22 PM
Im going to say black racing as well. I honestly have never seen a genuine 3 peice watanabe

trueno85
7th September 2010, 06:17 PM
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=721935

Are they similar to RS 8s?

stefan
7th September 2010, 09:39 PM
yes basically the same, the differences are, theres no watanabe simbol on them, they do have the JLL symbol, they have the same amount of bolts around the rim but not as uniformed, what i mean by that is the two bolts that are between the spokes arent in the same positions one is near the spoke and the other one is more towards the centre.
In saying that i may just look for some RS 8s cos i like the one thats posted above.

So if anyone has a pair or a set that they want to sell let me know, those or longchamps.

Clinton
8th September 2010, 10:52 AM
i r retard

ae71
8th September 2010, 12:18 PM
Im going to say black racing as well. I honestly have never seen a genuine 3 peice watanabe

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index2.htm

wheel at the top of the page is multipeice

biggo
8th September 2010, 07:29 PM
Indeed, I was wrong then.