PDA

View Full Version : Slanty to flat front conversion.

Ksevn-T
7th February 2009, 09:12 AM
Hey guys,

When swapping front ends, new to old. What panels are required and is as simple as putting them all on or do you have to drill holes etc?

Thanks,

Alex

Rian
7th February 2009, 09:17 AM
lights, bumper, beaver, L+R guards, bonnet,

i havnt done it but you should be able to drill new holes or the light brackets.. or you may need to get a rad support..

Rian

Golberg
7th February 2009, 11:19 AM
To do it 100% you need all the removable panels from the bottom of the windscreen forwards and you also need to unpick the radiator support and weld on a flat front one.

It is possible to not swap radiator supports, but you will need to muck around making brackets etc to mount the headlights.

marvis
7th February 2009, 05:37 PM
Here are two threads on it already.
One (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=1141)and two (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=1400).

marvis.

Ksevn-T
7th February 2009, 11:44 PM
Im hoping its a drill and bolt on affair as i didnt get the rad support off the donor car, thought i didn't need it. Cheers for the reply's. If anyones had any more experience post up.

Thanks,

Alex

marvis
8th February 2009, 12:34 AM
If you want quads you will have to do radiator support, but otherwise you will be sweet.

Clinton
8th February 2009, 12:38 AM
cut everything out of there and make new brackets. then drill the bracket out. done.

starni_boy
8th February 2009, 11:43 AM
You'll have to rewire the parkers too.

AE71 front has blinkers and parkers on the one plug, KE flat front has separate plugs.

Ksevn-T
9th February 2009, 12:02 AM
Cheers for all the input. Discovered that i would have to rewire the parkers and blinkers.
-Today got left and right quarters on and windscreen wiper panel. Have made my way into the next problem. Could not get the beaver panel on due to the aircon condenser and lines. Is it possible to have the aircon with old front? or is there no old front with aircon? Is it movable without re-gassing?

Thanks,

Alex