PDA

View Full Version : Brakes wont bleed

17zon
13th September 2010, 07:29 PM
I have tried and bleed my brakes now like 10 fu%&in times and still is so soft like no brakes at all and air just keeps bubbling out. I have replaced master cylinder from one i got out of a mates ke70 that was working before i removed it but i i empty all the fluid out of it and never bench bleed the master cylinder. Does the master cylinder really have to be bleed and if so surely the 4 liters of brake fluid i have flushed through would have pushed it out. or do you really have to bleed it i have tried everything but this please help me

cheers guys,

johl
13th September 2010, 07:40 PM
u can use a syringe and pump it in from the caliper so it moves all the air up to the master or just go to a workshop and get them to power bleed it

rhys2229
13th September 2010, 08:03 PM
sounds like theres a hole in the system letting in air. check all you brake hoses/pipes

DOG the rolla hunter
13th September 2010, 08:11 PM
should bench bleed it,can do it on the car though,yes there could be a hole in the hose but it would have pissed on you by now.try to bleed master by cracking the lines at the master,get someone to push the pedal down slowly and let the fluid leak out once he hits the floor tighten the nuts,repeat 5 times then try at the wheels.if this fails maybe the master is shit.

ke70dave
13th September 2010, 09:15 PM
do you have the calipers on the correct sides?

if they are upside down you will bleed untill the cows come home and you will never get a pedal.

ive replaced a mastercylidner on a ke70 and ae86 and ive never had to do this "bench bleeding"

lolwat
14th September 2010, 09:01 PM
bench bleeding suposedly makes the bleeding process faster, so all the air is out of the master once it is hookup instead of pumping all the air in it through the brake lines

FAST EDDIE
14th September 2010, 10:05 PM
2nd the calipers on wrong side done that before, just sounds like theres air somewhere, or mc is fked?!

H8CHIR6KU
15th September 2010, 12:37 AM
id never put a master on without bench bleeding first. the idea of bench bleeding is so that you can push the piston in further on the bench than the throw of the booster, aswell as not pushing air through the system. you can have an air pocket in the master that wont come out no matter how much you try.

have you got drum brakes? are they adjusted properly? wheel cylinders leaking?

after you have done all the basic checks clamp each wheel off 1 by 1 until the pedal is better. if the pedal gets better after youve clamped off a wheel then youve found where the problem is. if youve clamped all the wheels and still shit then you either have air in the master or its fucked

17zon
15th September 2010, 04:46 PM
id never put a master on without bench bleeding first. the idea of bench bleeding is so that you can push the piston in further on the bench than the throw of the booster, aswell as not pushing air through the system. you can have an air pocket in the master that wont come out no matter how much you try.

have you got drum brakes? are they adjusted properly? wheel cylinders leaking?

after you have done all the basic checks clamp each wheel off 1 by 1 until the pedal is better. if the pedal gets better after youve clamped off a wheel then youve found where the problem is. if youve clamped all the wheels and still shit then you either have air in the master or its fucked

Ok i finally worked out it not the brake booster lol if i clamp the front right brake line just before the caliper i have brakes if un crimp it no brakes what could be causing it. its deffently something caliper related but what. thanks for your guys help i love this website

FAST EDDIE
15th September 2010, 09:10 PM
the bleed nipple is not at the top of teh cylinder for instance teh wrong calipers is on and the bleed nipple is lower that the cylinder so it creates an air pocket in teh cyulinder

H8CHIR6KU
15th September 2010, 09:33 PM
or the hose is shit. if the inside of the hose is broken up it can let fluid out but not back up. had this happen on plenty of old cars.

also is there definitley fluid coming out of the caliper. nipple not blocked full of shit

or like fast eddie said youve got the caliper on the wrong side. tho if the other side bled up i somehow doubt you have 2 lhs calipers on the front of your car

17zon
16th September 2010, 09:59 AM
nah caliper is diffidently on the rite sides as the nipple is pointing up and is at the highest point of the caliper. It bleeds fine and fluid comes out nicely and the piston in the caliper is moving, it just like when i un clamp the left caliper it lets air in and there for super soft pedal. When its clamped the brakes are awsome. There is no fluid leaking from anywhere around the caliper its just got me stuffed. Its the last thing i need to do on my car before i can go to the track lol its starting to sh1t me lol. Thanks for your help guys legends.