PDA

View Full Version : tvis + bt quads+ haltech

ca18ae71
24th September 2010, 09:44 PM
hi guys , so heres my problem im wanting to run quads on my 4age is it best to keep my tvis plate (for air speed down low) or to remove it completely, and if its better to keep it is there a way to let the haltech (e8) control it easly
cheers phill

Car - ke70

motor - 4AGE BIG PORT

problem - tvis + bt quads+ haltech

ca18ae71
24th September 2010, 10:57 PM
or are they only controled by vacum ?

Touge Boy
24th September 2010, 11:32 PM
Remove TVIS, Use T3 adapter plate, 20V ITB's and vaccuum log.

Andy San
25th September 2010, 09:45 AM
as above.

and get the reluctor adaptor as well or you'll have issues with scatter on your ignition trigger signal

ca18ae71
25th September 2010, 09:56 AM
thanks guys , so there is no huge downfall with removing the tvis, i have a ra10 haltech reluctor adaptor already wired in the loom so it should be sweet on the ignition side

Andy San
25th September 2010, 10:59 AM
no the quads don't need it due to the individual butterfly sizes

roadsailing
25th September 2010, 01:02 PM
run TVIS if you want, the ECU should have an output based on RPM, just switch TVIS with that. TVIS is driven by vacuum but switched electronically from memory. you would probably struggle to pick the difference in any case.

ke70dave
25th September 2010, 02:33 PM
no the quads don't need it due to the individual butterfly sizes

care to explain this?

TVIS is a great addition to keep in my oppinion. the advantage of a smallport down low, with the advantage of a bigport up high. everyone wins

i dont see why so many people hate TVIS. the concept is used in so many upmarket cars (all the rotaries use it, the RX8 has about 5 stages of variable intake size/length).

if you have time on dyno, do a run with the TVIS closed, and one with it open. then tell your ecu to turn on TVIS when the two power runs switch, to get max powwwweerrrr.

ca18ae71
25th September 2010, 05:29 PM
ok cool well my workshop has a new dyno so i might send a weekend having a look at the difference thanks guys

Andy San
27th September 2010, 01:05 PM
if you have time on dyno, do a run with the TVIS closed, and one with it open. then tell your ecu to turn on TVIS when the two power runs switch, to get max powwwweerrrr.

I have done this, it made pretty much identical power curves for both (slightly less midrange torque without, but not enough to pick it), it just used shitloads more fuel without the TVIS.

I would have thought that you would pick up the air speed due to the smaller butterly size for each cylinder, and hence do away with the need for the TVIS. couple this with some mild cams and you wouldn't notice the difference without it.