PDA

View Full Version : seat rail/slider question

kokopuffs
11th October 2010, 07:21 PM
Ive got some buckets that im throwing into the rona and was gonna just extend my stock rails with some metal ive measured it and think it will work.

but now ive got another idea that would look alot less dodgey but im not sure how to do it or if it possible at all.

can i seperate the top part of a sliding rail from the bottom part? i tried to slide it off and it gets stuck there is there a bolt im missing or does it just not seperate?

thanks

Skylar
11th October 2010, 08:16 PM
If it went together, it must come apart. but there's some magic in the rail. I got the slider off one time, it was something to do with either gravity or a screwdriver. I don't remember which though.

Sam-Q
11th October 2010, 09:00 PM
you will find that in general the only thing binding rails together is a link that when one rail is disengaged the other is as well. Usually it's in the form of a steel wire which can be lengthened or changed to something else

blair
11th October 2010, 09:10 PM
I've had 2 pairs of 86 ones that have had rivetts as stoppers(from factory)

2 minutes with a drill sorted them out :)

kokopuffs
11th October 2010, 10:15 PM
ya from the looks of it theres a rivet.... sigh i dont have enough for power tools yet =[
ill keep trying at it maybe ill just do the metal extension thing for now until i figure out a better way

thanks for the info guys