PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem

pnda86
12th October 2010, 01:44 AM
hi, i was driving today when all of a sudden my radio, gps screen, power windows and little asian lady telling me to insert my card for the tollways cut off all at once.

the fuse for the radio is blown but when replaced, still didnt make any of the above work.

im thinking theyre all connected somehow? im not an electrical guy so this is frustrating as i had to take to door card off and wind the window up myself

thanks

haveaparty
12th October 2010, 02:31 PM
it could be something to do with the accesories, does the interior light, dash lights and all that still work ??? check for a accesories fuse.

pnda86
12th October 2010, 04:11 PM
yeah all those work. im stumped. centeral locking works, lights pop up, dash lights work....

Matt
12th October 2010, 05:36 PM
at a guess i'd say it was one of those main AM1/2 fuses that blew in the engine bay right next to the battery.

Usually takes a direct short for them to go

haveaparty
13th October 2010, 10:27 AM
wat car is it in, u havnt plugged it any plugs that wernt plugged in before hav u, wen i had a wrx i plugged in a plug down inside the kick trim on the drivers side that wasnt plugged in and i lost everything, car would starts and drive but had no electrics in the cabin,