PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE to W58 Bellhousings

kerola
12th October 2010, 09:08 PM
Car - KE70

motor - 4AGTE

use - Drift/ Street

problem - Need to find out what is the best and most cost effective way to run a W58 gearbox with a 4AGZE flywheel

occurs/started when - When I wanted to run a 4AGZE flywheel

personal situation -
4A - W5X bellhousing are rather expensive, I have got a few prices but I'm still unsure which is going to be best way to fit a 4AGZE flywheel and be easy on the pocket.

I have been told I could get my T50 Bellhousing and W58 Bellhousing and get them Cut and Shut. Ofcourse this would be the cheapest way but I'm unsure if I will be able to fit 4AGZE flywheel in and with this can i get the clutch slave on the drivers side so i can fit the dump pipe abit easier?

A1turbos (Niteparts) (New Zeland)
Can Apparently fit 4AGZE flywheels and is the best out there.
$750 NZD + $80 NZD to Melbourne
http://a1turbos.co.nz/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=A&Product_Code=4agebell&Category_Code=1QT

ToyCool Garage (Phillipines)
Can fit 4AGZE flywheels after grinding out the inside? but dont have strengthening ribs does this matter if i have gear box supports?
$430USD Shipped
http://www.pbase.com/toycoolparts/4age_to_wtranny_bellhousing

added:
AJPS
cant fit 4AGZE flywheel
$690ea delivered
http://www.ajps.com.au/parts/w5x_bellhousing.asp

If anyone has used any of these can you please list possitives and negitives and what may need to be done to fit a 4AGZE flywheel.
Thanks

FAST EDDIE
12th October 2010, 09:18 PM
dont need to use a ze flywheel jsut get a 212 and a suitable clutch, and buy the chepaer bell!

Sam-Q
12th October 2010, 10:21 PM
can the Filo guy be trusted though?

also keep in mind that $750NZ is $575AU right now. Doesnt AJPS have something in stock right now?

Hen may possibly be a nut
12th October 2010, 10:29 PM
I've used one without ribs (from Malyasia I think originally, though may be the same source as ToyCool) for 3 years behind a 4AGZE without any troubles at all.

Hen

jaz_ae86
12th October 2010, 10:35 PM
got my niteparts a few weeks ago about 650 delivered and looks the goods. Whilst there are good and bad stories about the various bells, I have not heard any bad stories about the niteparts (and fits the GZ flywheel)

I am looking at around 200rwkw and was considering about making a cut and shut but for all the dicking around I thought that the niteparts was the best buy with the good aussie dollar.

toygt
13th October 2010, 06:56 AM
i have had a nite parts one for years it works mint and brendan is a good bloke with real smarts just look at his 18a trueno in video section

R&D Mechanical
13th October 2010, 05:49 PM
when installing the bell housing to the gearbox make sure you have two dowels! or else you clutch with snap

kerola
13th October 2010, 08:53 PM
i just added AJPS to the list, the photos seem to be exactly the same as the phillipines bellhousing.
niteparts seems to be best.

also where do the dowels go and how do they work?
thanks

Delazy
13th October 2010, 09:05 PM
azcustom here in hobart does a adaptor plate rather than bellhousing that is quite widely used...

priced quite well too...

marvis
10th November 2011, 11:19 AM
What is required to be done to the clutch?

Parts list?

jaz_ae86
10th November 2011, 01:17 PM
Clutch needs new spline drive/centre section fitted to suit W gearbox input shaft.

When I got my new clutch i simply said it was for a 100kw 212mm flywheel using W57 gearbox. I did enquire about getting my old 200mm clutch changed but wanted the extra clamping area.

Hen may possibly be a nut
10th November 2011, 11:15 PM
^^ Correct. From what I remember there are in fact some old Liteaces/Hiaces/Hiluxs which have the right clutch dimensions and splines standard.

Any half decent clutch shop can sort out a clutch for your exact setup.

aaron
14th November 2011, 04:20 PM
My niteparts bell needed a bit of a grind (running gze gear). They also need to be drilled for the slave.