PDA

View Full Version : MX83 for a tow car?

PRIMRK
21st October 2010, 11:10 PM
Hey All,

Trying to find a tow car, have been looking at the Cressida Grande and want to be sure that it will do the job. According to the following link they can tow 1700kg can any one confirm this? I called toyota but they didn't know or CBF finding out for me. (prob more the second)

http://www.carbuddy.com.au/car/value...7&tid=48501196

Any one tow with one of these? How do they go? Do you find them under powered or getting pushed by the trailer?

I will be towing my Sprinter to the track, i will also be taking spare tyres/tools ect, i do have a good car trailer that is light weight (bout 200kg) so i will be towing just over 1000kg all up with tools in the boot.

So think the MX83 would be up to it cos im sick of the VN commi, plus i like the idea of a 1UZ in one of these at a later date.

Cheers

meadan
23rd October 2010, 09:20 AM
Ill let you know when I pick mine up.

Apprently they do ok as a tow car, the 7m might sturggle a bit though.

AJPS
25th October 2010, 02:07 PM
1uz would be tops!

Good cars

7m is fussy.

Needs love (regular oils etc)

PRIMRK
27th October 2010, 10:18 AM
Ive been looking into this but i may just save a lil more and get a LS400, that way i have V8 power to tow, bigger brakes, heavier body, all of which is good, plus there is the interior that isn't god awful velour thats colour coded to the car...in the end it will cost me less just to go for a LS400 to start with.