PDA

View Full Version : [SA] - 1983 AE86 rolling wreck

ceeb
29th October 2010, 06:31 PM
G'day all,

I own an Australia delivered, red, stock AE86 that hasn't moved anywhere in about 5 years. I did want to fix it up at the time, but no longer have the time or interest to fix it up myself these days. I'm hopeful that someone other than a scrap merchant might be interested in it now. I do not know what it is worth if anything, so I'm asking for offers. I do not want much, covering trailer hire would be a good start.

Last time I drove it, the engine was running extremely rough. It was briefly stolen by local deadbeats, and abandoned literally 300m down the road. They did some damage to the ignition key barrel getting it started (and left a couple of kilograms of carrots in it!). It was recovered, carrots removed and taken to my old man's property at Claire, where it has been in undercover storage (and inside a car cover) ever since.

Location: The car is currently at Claire, I live in Adelaide.

Asking Price: ??? Make an offer if you are interested.

Killometers: ~180,000

Transmission: Manual

Engine Type: A dead 4AC.

Condition: Okay. Rust trouble spots are all at the back. Interior mostly removed but included. It may contain some spiders, but I will clean it before sale.

Modifications: Non-original radiator (I was young and dumb and had no money).

Crash History: In ~2004 I drove it into a gutter that bent the right chassis rail down approx 10 degrees, just in front of the radiator cross member. It has evidence of repaired collision damage (pre 2000) immediately behind the right rear wheel.

Contact: Leave a reply to this forum thread. I will decide what I will do with the car in a few weeks, depending on interest.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4074/img0533a.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/i/img0533a.jpg/)

02/11/10 update:
The car is still for sale. I've had a couple of specific offers, the highest being $750. I wasn't really expecting so much interest in it so I don't have any more photos of it - I will drive up to to Claire this coming weekend to get some more photos, then I will take the best price I can next week. Cheers : )

sic86
29th October 2010, 08:24 PM
pm'd u

Hachi-6
30th October 2010, 12:19 AM
Pm'd u too.

baumyone
31st October 2010, 04:56 PM
Personal Messaged

ceeb
2nd November 2010, 09:13 AM
A quick update:
The car is still for sale. I've had a couple of specific offers, the highest being $750. I wasn't really expecting so much interest in it so I don't have any more photos of it - I will drive up to to Claire this coming weekend to get some more photos, then I will take the best price I can next week. Cheers : )

ke70kid
3rd November 2010, 06:10 PM
may be keen if not sold in a few weeks,dose it need a VIV??