PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hose Collapsing

17zon
4th November 2010, 01:23 PM
Hey guys i got a fwd 4age bigport running in my ke70 using a ae82 remote thermostat housing. what is happening is i have a aftermarket water temp gauge with the sensor placed in where the standard sensor is. Its reading between 85 and 88 sitting there idling but i notices that big water piping running from thermostat housing to back or water pump is collapsing under revs and the top hose is very hot but the bottom hose is still pretty cool. i don't know if my thermostat is opening causing the problem or what. Its a brand new thermostat so surely that working. Someone please help lol its really annoying me....
Thanks guys your all legends

H8CHIR6KU
4th November 2010, 03:17 PM
i would say more than likely you have an air pocket cause the thermostat isnt opening up.

hoses shouldnt collapse they should be firm. even if its a new thermostat it could still be dicky. see it happen enough to know that you should always check a thermostat before fitting it. more so with el cheapos

also with new thermostats i tend to drill a small hole at the top on the plate so that air can go thru when i am bleeding it out.

17zon
4th November 2010, 04:09 PM
ok so how do i get the air out do i have to drill thermostat or can i do it without. how do you bleed your systems

H8CHIR6KU
4th November 2010, 04:20 PM
first i would check the thermostat. may not be working. also check to see if it has a little dangly thing on the side plate if not then i would recommend drilling a SMALL hole.

also when you bleed it out make sure the heater is turned on, if it works.

when you bleed it fill it up until it cant take any more and there are no bubbles. do this with the car not running

then run the car. and if it can take more water add it. if it cant then put the cap on and run it up to temp.

make sure the overflow bottle is full and the hose from the outlet to the overflow isnt blocked.

once its hot turn it off and let it cool down. then recheck the water