PDA

View Full Version : How to unstick injector?

Pidgey
7th November 2010, 09:24 PM
Hello fellow forum memberz.

So, I have a stupid nissan. It is an R31. It is stupid, and has decided to run on 5 cylinders.
I have sourced the problem, it is number 4 injector. It has power but is blocked.

I am pretty lazy, and number 4 is right under the throttlebody, so it is a bitch to get at, so I really don't want to take it out, or any other injectors for that matter.
So, what i'm asking here is, how do you unstick an injector without taking them out for a service?
Thanks,
Ry.

DOG the rolla hunter
7th November 2010, 09:25 PM
you dont

H8CHIR6KU
7th November 2010, 09:41 PM
yeah yo can try runnin 2 wire leads from a battery. put a positive wire to the positive or power pin on the injector and then another wire from the negative side of the battery

now with the negative wire quickly touch the other pin on the injector on and off real quick.

what thats doing is shocking the solenoid with a higher voltage than its used to and if it is stuck should give it abit more life. there is a chance you could fuck it but what you got to lose?

ive done this trick quite a few times, mostly with halfcuts that sat around for ages and the injectors just gum shut. worked everytime but i might have been just lucky.

if it is shit thats stuck in the filter in the injector head i doubt this will do much

also just for extra info. alot of cars use this method from factory now. such as ve commodore v6. which is why you shouldnt use carbon cleans on them cause the injector solenoid gets fucked(this is in the owners manual and taught at holden school) and yet any holden dealership will happily try to sell you carbon cleans and injector cleaner, knowing full well that it can void your warranty. hows that for fucked up

lolwat
7th November 2010, 09:50 PM
so you cant undo the rail, and just lift the rail (dont need to move it far) and get it out?

Pidgey
7th November 2010, 09:59 PM
yeah yo can try runnin 2 wire leads from a battery. put a positive wire to the positive or power pin on the injector and then another wire from the negative side of the battery

now with the negative wire quickly touch the other pin on the injector on and off real quick.

what thats doing is shocking the solenoid with a higher voltage than its used to and if it is stuck should give it abit more life. there is a chance you could fuck it but what you got to lose?

ive done this trick quite a few times, mostly with halfcuts that sat around for ages and the injectors just gum shut. worked everytime but i might have been just lucky.

if it is shit thats stuck in the filter in the injector head i doubt this will do much

also just for extra info. alot of cars use this method from factory now. such as ve commodore v6. which is why you shouldnt use carbon cleans on them cause the injector solenoid gets fucked(this is in the owners manual and taught at holden school) and yet any holden dealership will happily try to sell you carbon cleans and injector cleaner, knowing full well that it can void your warranty. hows that for fucked up
Will try that, thanks man.
The rail isn't in the way? it's the manifold/TB.

slide86
7th November 2010, 10:09 PM
hot tip, disconnect you negative terminal before attempting this.

arcing the +ve terminal on the TB whilst trying to get to the injector is not optimal