PDA

View Full Version : Beige Early front - Brisbane. Very good condition body.

LittleRedSpirit
10th November 2010, 10:34 AM
Hi guys, I managed to find this Beige Early front rolla this week.

The body is very very good, maybe 2 small rust patches on the whole car, has an extremely tidy boot area. The paint is a pretty even finish and still kinda shiny. Its one of the best original KE70 bodies I have ever got a hold of. The paint is a bit shit near the fuel filler it looks like the clear is starting to go there, otherwise it looks amazing. Interior is Brown with an uncracked dash. All the door trims are fine. The drivers is a touch worn but no rips or tears. All the seats are excellent, no rips even in the drivers seat. It is definate nanna territory.

Bad points are the carb needs to be swapped out or cleaned, as it stalls a bit, but this I will be fixing soon. The diff, box and engine have a couple of oil leaks to fix, it looks like the diff is just a tiny bit weepy, the gearbox rear seal needs changing, and the engine I'm not sure, just a typical old 4k with a bit of oil on it. It will get a roady with a degrease of the motor most likely. It could use a better rear bumper on it. The radiator is no good and it needs a major service on the cooling system. As time goes by these things will be fixed.

Specs are:

Auto
1981 Early front
Very straight - Still with original rubber bumpers on the body.
4k- Auto - 4.3 Borg diff.
155000 klms.
Beige - Looks like it had a respray at some point a few years back.
Stock everything.
New leads and dissy cap.
New battery terminals. Starts energetically.
Brown interior.
All the doors have that nice firm unmolested feeling, the shell is really a good one. Probably the best I've ever gotten a hold of, and I've had a few now.

The car is located in Brisbane and is for sale for $1900 as is. If it doesn't sell I will keep it and put a ge in it one day. Its probably one of the best shells to do a conversion in, being in such good order and unmolested, and not really needing paint either. If you did want a car to paint this would be a good choice however as there is minimal work involved with such a tidy rolla to start with.

Contact Matt - 0416 193 936

LittleRedSpirit
14th November 2010, 12:50 PM
Got it running way better, the carby just needed a clean and adjust, it was that choked up from a nanna never revving it out that once Beerhead and I carby cleaned it we found it wouldnt idle at all until we wound the fuel and air back on the carb. It was adjusted out over the years to compensate for the grot blocking up the carb. Now the carb is clean and it seems to work really well, its the best running 4k Ive everhad, the carb is sweet, new leads and good points, new dizzy cap and regulator. Running sweet, auto is tight too did a chirp as we did a fast takeoff while testing it.

As an added selling point I will throw in some 14x6 Cheviot mags (no tyres) I have here, and also a Kamei Lip if I get the asking. Ill consider offers if you don't want the lip.

Clinton
15th November 2010, 12:54 AM
where abouts in Brisbane are you? depending on what happens tomorrow you could be hearing from me. also what is the deal with the boot lid? how are the brakes? tyres? shocks?

LittleRedSpirit
15th November 2010, 09:42 AM
where abouts in Brisbane are you? depending on what happens tomorrow you could be hearing from me. also what is the deal with the boot lid? how are the brakes? tyres? shocks?

Brakes work fine. Shocks just regular basic monroes. Tyres, if they arent legal I can throw in some legal stockies as I have a million of em.

The boot lid just needs that silly handle taken off. otherwise its sweet. My mate can close the holes on it easy peasy for you if need be.

The car is in Gaythorne at my shed.

Cheers.

LittleRedSpirit
25th November 2010, 07:40 PM
Bump, the answer to the pole is Nissan. they pulled the pin and made the Z car from their spare parts stock mostly instead of finishing the development of the 2000gt which was proving expensive.

ke_70
25th November 2010, 10:54 PM
i thought it was a trick question so i went overseas.
auto diff gears are 4.11. not that it would really make a difference

LittleRedSpirit
25th November 2010, 11:01 PM
Actually AE71 auto diff gears are 4.11. This is a ke70 which is most definately 4.3, bud.

Remember less torque = need lower gearing.

LittleRedSpirit
20th February 2011, 10:38 AM
This car is sold!