PDA

View Full Version : AE86 window winder removal

PRIMRK
11th November 2010, 08:02 PM
Just trying to get the door trims off...and cant seem to get the winder arm thing off...any clues how you get these off?

Todd
11th November 2010, 08:07 PM
there is a small circlip behind the arm itself that you can just get to.
have to remove that (people have their own personal methods) and then the arm should be able to be taken off.
be careful though, i had one of the clips get me in the eye on my ke70. shit was not cool. they go flying

blair
11th November 2010, 08:21 PM
Yeh safety glasses that shit (seriously)

Use two screwdrivers/pens/pointy thigns, or some pliers in reverse, or proper circlip pliers (they are actually retarded to use for this, because of the little access you have to the circlip) or whatever works for you haha

then it just pulls/falls off.

timbo
11th November 2010, 08:34 PM
i normally just get a decent sized flat head on one end of the clip and push it down towards the ground (rotate the winder beforehand). works everytime. also make sure you don't lose it!

PRIMRK
11th November 2010, 09:27 PM
I cant see this clip...ill have another go in the morning with some light.

timbo
11th November 2010, 10:19 PM
try pushing the door trim in a little, its not going to be that noticeable, maybe use a torch of you cant see it.

Nikkojoe
12th November 2010, 01:13 AM
Use a rag looped around the winder arm and pull the rag until the clip comes off (may have to try from another direction if someone has put the clip on the other direction).

Dont have to see the clip this way, saves you poking into your trim with the screw driver and works every time.

haveaparty
12th November 2010, 11:57 AM
u can buy the proper tool for no more then 20 bucks, and there handy to hav, specially for me as i was a panel beater lol

evil86
12th November 2010, 12:35 PM
what nikkojoe said.. works quick

Nikkojoe
12th November 2010, 12:43 PM
Another point, rag is usually free :)

takai
12th November 2010, 01:08 PM
Rags work the best, pretty simple and easy to do.

PRIMRK
18th November 2010, 12:04 PM
Well after a lot of stuffing around I got pissed at it and just yanked it off. There was no clip the last person must have lost it and used superglue...

Nikkojoe
18th November 2010, 01:25 PM
If you need a new clip i think you can buy them from repco/supercheap etc in the champion nuts and bolts packs stands.

4.5AG
18th November 2010, 02:28 PM
Use a thick shoe lace..

H8CHIR6KU
18th November 2010, 08:39 PM
everywork shop i have worked in calls them jesus clips

cause when they go ping, which they usually do, everyone says "jesus christ where the farl did that go"

just some extra info for you.

also yeah the rag way is best cause usually the rag pulls it out slowly so it doesnt wanna go ping