View Full Version : Electrical problem - dash lights and tail lights ???? QQ

keiichi
12th November 2010, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, got a bit of a mystery here, I'm not much of an electrician though.

Car - Toyota Corona Avante RT142

motor - 22RE

use - Hack

problem - Dash lights don't work anymore and tail lights don't work anymore. Happened at the same time, I don't think it is either fuse or a relay. I think it is quite obviously related. The clock doesn't dim either. Headlights still work.
So, when you turn the lights on for night several things should come on.
Headlights - working
Dash lamp - broken
Clock dim - broken but clock still works
Tail lights - broken

occurs/started when - I pulled the dash off

Any help or ideas would be hugely appreciated :D
Thankyou.

macca1590
14th November 2010, 08:37 PM
so everything else at the rear of the car work ie blinkers, stop and reverse lights just not the tail lights?

DX20VT
14th November 2010, 08:40 PM
Deleted my post Now I have re-read what you wrote.

didn't fit a new stereo did you? lol

Only thing I can see it being is the fuse for the tail/dash lights.

keiichi
14th November 2010, 08:51 PM
that's correct macca, the double filament globe for the tail/stop is sweet too.

nah no new stereo... i've checked all the possible fuses, there is no "dash" fuse that i can but the tail fuse is ok. and checked all other possibilities. the dimmer is still connected aswell.

Cerby86
14th November 2010, 09:06 PM
check the headlight switch. This used to happen with my old ae86 and when i pulled the headlight switch apart some of the solder was dry and loose. I redid the solder and never had the problem again

macca1590
14th November 2010, 09:13 PM
yeah next would be switch faulty or just bad contacts or dry solder join in switch, also the wire and or pin may be dodgey in plug to the switch

keiichi
14th November 2010, 10:40 PM
thanks ill be sure to try that out :D
cerby when you had that problem with your 86 did the headlights work still though?

Clinton
15th November 2010, 12:42 AM
its a fuse blown somewhere. happened to my cressida and a guy from works cressida too. the trouble is finding it.

Cerby86
15th November 2010, 11:53 AM
yeah headlights and brake lights worked but not tail lights (ie not the ones that come on when braking) or the dash.