PDA

View Full Version : JAPAN in 10 days, staying for 10 days

evil86
19th November 2010, 07:07 PM
hey fellas. counting my days before i got my japan trip for 10 days with a few friends. we have made up the itinerary but i want to fit in abit of time for self to find me some jdm goodies. places im staying at are toyko, osaka and kyoto and yokohama. im fortunate enough to have a friend here with family over there to let us stay with them and take us to a few places while we are in japan.

even though im there for a short period of time with no alot of time to do much car browsing. Can any one suggest any place or stall i should visit in tokyo, osaka, kyoto or yokohama..

cheers fellas

Oly AE86
19th November 2010, 08:37 PM
SuperautoBacs in Tokyo Bay, 45mins or so by train from Tokyo station - like Autobarn but good stuff and great browsing :D , also one in Yokohama

mild seven
19th November 2010, 11:15 PM
super autobacs is in shinonome area. take the rinkai line.

for example if ur in shinjuku, take saikyou sen line to oosaki, from oosaki then board a rinkai sen train.
there is frequent limited express rinkai sen trains, so it shouldnt take that long.

PM sent by the way.

ae71
19th November 2010, 11:36 PM
SuperautoBacs in Tokyo Bay, 45mins or so by train from Tokyo station - like Autobarn but good stuff and great browsing :D , also one in Yokohama

all the super autobacs are the same, infact they dont seem to have all that much more over the normal autobacs. you dont have to really go out of your way to find them, they are everywhere, at least they are in osaka. these 4 within about 15~20mins from where i live!

maybe also check out a upgarage, they are basically a jap version of a aussie wreckers except with sports cars/aftermarket gear. prices typically are more then you would normally pay on yahoo auctions but none the less maybe worth poking around.

DONT go to the Nissan museum (not that you would) but its shit, one car in a small room

MT fuji from what i hear is cloudy 90% of the time, so if you climb up it you prob wont see anything but cloud

mild seven
19th November 2010, 11:43 PM
fuji cant be climbed at this time of year :P

mild seven
19th November 2010, 11:49 PM
as far as places to visit.

kanagawa. there is a ramen museum near shinyokohama station. really worth it, especially considering how cold it has become lately, a nice warm bowl of ramen is inbeatable.
also kamakura is pretty rad.... beats the shit out of kyoutou (except for the kinkakuji in kyoutou, the only thing worth traveling that far for). there is a big Buddha statue, and if it was summer, enoshima beach is nearby. yokohama also has the very nice minatou mirai waterfront, the closest station is Sakuragichou station.

tokyo. well really even in a month you cant see all that tokyo has to offer, even a year you cant lol. but good places to go in tokyo at this time of year are..... umm... im not sure to be honest. guess im just too used to it all.

north of tokyo, if you dont mind the travel, there is MT Nikko, which has a lot of nice temples and sightseeing (once again, better than over-rated kyoutou)

edit.... just read you are going to be in kansai region.... yes do visit kyoutou. my feelings towards kansai are so-so, just due to how far (and costly) it is from toukyou. but yeah if ur in kansai, check out the "kinkakuji" gold temple, its awesome.

kaibeecee
22nd November 2010, 06:49 PM
kansai > kanegawa

ke70dave
22nd November 2010, 07:08 PM
i did the same thing as you about 3months ago (first 2 weeks in july)

go to Nara, its out from kyoto. really cool place.

you will find heaps to do just by walking around, japan is such a differnet place to here, even going to maccas is an eye opener!!

kaibeecee
22nd November 2010, 07:21 PM
nara is cool with the deer roaming throughout town.

i can recommend sakai & wakayama outside of osaka.

there you can find origin/dmax, trial, upgarage, autobacs secohan (2nd hand like upgarage) and a few more...

up north, yokohama is cool, to see the big toyota guys T&E/weld etc.

mild seven
22nd November 2010, 07:51 PM
i always wondered WHY kansaijin actually like kansai and seem patriotic about it?

kamakura or nikko > kyoto
tokyo > osaka
yokohama > nara

for people living in tokyo, or staying in tokyo, i wouldnt bother going to kyoto, all it has is kinkakuji... nikko and kamakura are within short distance (and cost) of tokyo and have better temples (aside from kinkakuji).
like i said before though, if you are in kansai, then DO check out kyoto and nara etc.

kaicebe do you live in kansai?

Matt-AE86
2nd December 2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah. Kyoto is just Temples. It has a few good places to eat, thats about it. Waste of dollars!