PDA

View Full Version : Can i fit 15x10 -12's on the rear, befor hitting my suspension?

BlueLevin
25th November 2010, 05:37 PM
Hey guys,

Well im ordering some wheels tomorow, and i need to know how low of an offset i can go on the rears befor they will hit my suspension..

Im getting some 15x10's in either -12 or -26

I rather -12 as they wont poke out as much as the -26's, but will the inside of the wheel clear my suspension on a 10" wide wheel?

Kindest Regards, BlueLevin.

Touge Boy
25th November 2010, 05:47 PM
For AE86?

On mine they cleared by a mile.

BlueLevin
25th November 2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah its for an ae86, sweet. Thanks for the help

BlueLevin
25th November 2010, 07:09 PM
Another question...

does anyone think that i would be able to fit 15x10 -26 wheels with 195/50 tyres under ridiculously flared stock guards (not bolt ons)? -with a fair amount of poke.

The car is sitting at 100mm off the ground, just legal.

Touge Boy
25th November 2010, 07:57 PM
Not without looking rediculous. My -12's still had a fair amount of poke with rather large all metal flares.

Roll the -12's with either a 205/50 ro 195/50, make em fit under the guards.

blair
26th November 2010, 12:24 AM
if its around 100mm off the ground, i honestly wouldnt bother gettting wheels that will poke. just cant make it look right i reckon.

marvis
26th November 2010, 10:49 AM
^^ Will look silly. Why have it so high if you are going to rock wheels like that?

BlueLevin
26th November 2010, 05:10 PM
if its around 100mm off the ground, i honestly wouldnt bother gettting wheels that will poke. just cant make it look right i reckon.

^^ Will look silly. Why have it so high if you are going to rock wheels like that?

I'm pretty happy at they hieght its at. and i actually think it looks pretty hot with poke where its at, any lower dude and it will scrubb like madness.

At the moment im running 15x8.5 -8 reversed meshies... poke and fitment = sex, so thats what im after..

How it sits at the moment:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/4/5/58100.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/4/5/58101.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/4/5/58102.jpg

The look im going for is somthing like JDM Garage's Ae86 (which most of you would know of), just with stock falred guards:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/0/4/5/58103.jpg

But yeah, given the specs on that ^ -12 should come out enough i guess.

McLeod63
26th November 2010, 06:26 PM
It'll look just fine bro. I actually have a pair of 15x10 -12 super lites on the rear of my 86 with 205x50 (planning to go around 195x45 when it's much lower) and it's a little higher than yours. I get nothing but compliments though. But I'm telling you, flare them as much as the fuckers will go, because they're going to scrub hard.

shift_rook
26th November 2010, 06:29 PM
why bother keeping it legal height if you're having such wheels? may aswell go the whole hog, you'll get defected anyway asnd yeah x10 with stock guards looks pretty gross, you have to understand the amount of work that went into bretts guards, not the sorta thing you can just do with a maglite

McLeod63
26th November 2010, 06:44 PM
why bother keeping it legal height if you're having such wheels? may aswell go the whole hog, you'll get defected anyway

Haha, so true.

BlueLevin
26th November 2010, 08:12 PM
@McLeod63

Cheers dude, i think ill settle with -12's then. A mates getting some -26's in a few days, so ill be able to test fit and see how they go. Yeah i know exactly what you mean, mine scrub hard already haha, i seriously cant have any passengers in the car otherwise ill be producing smoke constantly ;) haha, good shit.

@Chris
luls

The only reason its been kept at legal height is because I havent touched the suspension since i've bought the car, and the only way the rear would be lowered if i was to chop chop, and thats not happening. Ill be getting in some HSD's in soon, so ill be able to adjust it according to when i need it. And yeah, the car will definently get defected again.. though it is a weekend/track car. its not hard to throw some stockies on anyway. And to be honest, it will be hard to go any lower with wider wheels dude, without bolt ons or modified guards...

Yeah i respect the ammount of work that, that car has had done to it, but everything has a begining dude, reason why im asking this is to decide what will fit better, so i can adjust the guards to fit befor the car goes into the body shop for a make-over.

shift_rook
26th November 2010, 08:24 PM
fair enough man, imho 10's are to big for stock guards though