PDA

View Full Version : wtb - an ecu and loom for 20v silvertop probly adaptronic is best?

zacnsw
2nd December 2010, 02:17 AM
hey guys jus bought an 86 and need to fit a ecu and loom i have the standard ecu and loom but not sure about it? should i get an adaptronic and loom to suit the silvertop. i dnt no much about engine management so any help and advice is appreciated :) and how much better would an adaptronic or similiar be ? would i get more power? or anything ?

ae8620v
2nd December 2010, 09:00 AM
you may get more power but as long as you have the money to throw at it for dyno tuning and the cost of the unit then sure go for it. maybe go for a beter unit than an adaptronic e420c as the map sensors arent that good as they shit them selves and make your car sound like a rotary and run like dog shit as mine did. id go ems motorsport or microtech lt-10s

ae8620v
2nd December 2010, 09:01 AM
also i still got the individual coils to run the adaptronic if you want me to throw them in

zacnsw
2nd December 2010, 09:09 AM
yeah i was thinking mayb jus going the standard ecu for now and upgrading soonish. caus gota get her rego'd and stuff. the standard ecu and loom would do for now but?