PDA

View Full Version : ke70 4kc prob

Gus Baby
11th February 2009, 12:19 PM
4kc lying up for 8 mths..got her goin.new plugs,fresh juice,leads new,sprayed shot of carb cleaner etc but still very lumpy at idle,wnt tik over properly,,,clears out wen u give her a gud dig of throttle but bak to lumpy/like missing on 1 cylinder wen low revs..clears wen i spray carb cleaner 4 few seconds...cnt figure it out..new inline filter,petrol is clean...wtf:S

sonsta
11th February 2009, 12:23 PM
check the timing

as has been said before, they only need a couple of things so do a process of elimination

check each cylinder has a strong spark

check its getting fuel and air

if it has these 3 then really it should run

Jonny Rochester
11th February 2009, 12:56 PM
If the motor clears and runs nice when you spray the carb cleaner around the outside of the manifolds, then that means you have a air leak. Either plug up your leaking hose, or get a new manifold gasket.

Gus Baby
12th February 2009, 12:50 AM
whipped off carb,exhaust and intake manifolds...new bolts and gasket sealer...cleand carb best i cudand put her bak 2gether...still missing tho,like a bad lead but ther all new..i can defo hear a miss especially standin behind the car,but all leads seem to hav gud spark..she tries to clear out wen driving now and again but she jus cant do it..wot shud timing b set at does ne1 know?

Clinton
12th February 2009, 12:56 AM
advance 4~ worked pretty good for my 4ks. it might work for you or you might want to churn it out all the way advance and then turn it back untill it stops pinging.( what most guys on here would do)

Jonny Rochester
12th February 2009, 10:00 AM
Check the compression.

Get new points.