PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Digital Dash?

Stain
26th December 2010, 04:50 PM
I've just finished putting a zenki digital dash in my kouki 86... and just wanted to know a few things from anyone who has a jdm 86 with a digital dash from factory.

The dimmer adjustment ring does nothing. The dash lights up full bright when you key it on to acc, and dims when you turn the headlights on.
But you cant adjust the brightness with the dimmer ring anymore, is that normal?

The my kouki loom is fitted with a rear light check box, and when you key it on to acc it lights up on the dash indicating a problem with the rear lights. Is that normal? Will it go away like the charge light does after the car has started?

And the kouki analog dash had a pin that went to the interior light, but the digital dash didn't use it... now I've put it all back together the interior light wont turn on if on the 'door' option and the door is open, it'll only turn on if you move the switch to 'on'.
Should I have connected that unused interior light pin into the door(+) pin in the digital dash?

Other random happening is the rear interior light wont turn on unless one of the front doors are open, which seems strange.

ae86
27th December 2010, 01:01 PM
nah dimmer ring works on my car man
other stuff wouldnt know.

assassin10000
28th December 2010, 04:28 PM
The 12v + for the dimmer has to be split and sent to two wires. One on each connector for the digital cluster, one for triggering dimming the LCD and the other to the normal backlighting bulbs.

Andrew