PDA

View Full Version : about ecu problem

dasini
14th January 2011, 06:05 PM
Hi guy, some one breakin my car few days ago, they stolen my apexi safc controler from my car, so car car engine is not right now, it also engine check light keep light on the dash, my car is runing 4age bigport with superchage head, if I change back to stock bigport ecu, the car will be runing well or i still need returned it up?

70XIN
14th January 2011, 06:42 PM
An SAFC requires that either the AFM or MAP sensor wire going into your ECU to be cut. With the controller itself missing, the ECU is getting nothing from the MAP/AFM wire. Being a pretty important (!!!) sensor, your ECU will be having a heart attack.

I would just remove all of the SAFC wiring and reconnect the cut AFM/MAP wire. If your engine is fairly close to standard, then it should run fine.

dasini
15th January 2011, 04:13 PM
An SAFC requires that either the AFM or MAP sensor wire going into your ECU to be cut. With the controller itself missing, the ECU is getting nothing from the MAP/AFM wire. Being a pretty important (!!!) sensor, your ECU will be having a heart attack.

I would just remove all of the SAFC wiring and reconnect the cut AFM/MAP wire. If your engine is fairly close to standard, then it should run fine.

Thanks 70XIN, but i am not good at mechanical, could u tell me where is AFM, MAP and ECU in the car? Thanks again