PDA

View Full Version : What ECU to run with ITBs?

McLEVIN
3rd February 2011, 02:38 PM
hai you guyzz

got a standard bigport W/265 hks cams atm

i would like to add 20v quad throttle bodies at some stage just wondering on a suitable ECU to use? and general price range?

i know nothing about ECUs and the like and what else i need to install one so any info would be greatly appreciated

ps i would like to install a beams one day (just a dream atm) but would like an ecu that would be compatible with both if that is at all possible?

thanks

chris

haveaparty
3rd February 2011, 03:06 PM
i dont see y u cant use the computer u got atm, but if u wanted to go the aftermarket route then wat ever ecu tickles ur fancy, micro tech are cheap and good for little engines, such as the 4age, but i dont think that they make computers compatable for two different kinds of engines, so i dont think that u could use the one ecu for both engines

benzo
3rd February 2011, 03:49 PM
Adaptronic.

McLEVIN
3rd February 2011, 04:10 PM
ahk i already have a apexi safc II would this be alright to run them?

sundee
3rd February 2011, 05:34 PM
you can run the SAFC and stock ECU, you will need to run a vacuum canister, Its the cheapest option but its not the best option.
it will run a little on the rich side, you can go up to 264 cams on stock ecu, there are reports of up to 272 but i think thats yet to be proven.

if you have the money, go aftermarket ecu - Haltech, adaptronic would be my 1st choice for a reasonable budget.

and if you go Beams later on, you can just re program/wire the aftermarket ecu to run that engine.

Anthony
3rd February 2011, 05:59 PM
You really want an ECU capable of MAP x TPS tuning (either of the ones Sundee mentions can) to get the most out of an ITB setup. An SAFC is a band aid for fixing small probs, not for complete changes of tuning mode!

sundee
3rd February 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm speaking from experience with the stock ecu, safc and quad setup, tried it in my car and it's just never right, yeah it runs, but it's just not using the full potential of the quad setup.
Anthony is right you want and ecu that can say be tuned on tps and map.
Get rid of the safc, you won't be happy!

sundee
3rd February 2011, 09:48 PM
Double post! I phone fail!

Grant #2
4th February 2011, 06:42 AM
don't run alpha-n either. If anything changes at all the fuel map is wrong. what a pain that was.

McLEVIN
4th February 2011, 08:39 AM
yeah the safc is only there to run the cams. i dint put it there, but yeah thanks for the info.

Rice86
4th February 2011, 09:10 AM
4agc it lolz