macca1590
6th February 2011, 09:18 PM
Car - rt142

motor - 22ee

use - daily/skids

problem - not yet

occurs/started when - n/a

personal situation (if applicable)-

so ill hopefully get around to putting my headers on next weekend and i was told that RJ70 bundera ones will no fowl on anything, but because they are only carby fed there is no provision for the o2 sensor, so when searching the net i have come across headers like this http://www.usa4x4.com.au/Data/Sites/1/extractors%20mild%20steel.jpg that have the o2 sensor in one collector, so it would only see exhaust gases from 3 cylinders (2 in my case) so what do you guys think? wont cause any dramas if i do this on my extractors? or should i just put it where it all merges together on the outlet and use some warping to keep temps up so it still reads correctly?

Sam-Q
6th February 2011, 09:23 PM
I can't see a problem with that, sure it will only get the three however it's a ratio not a total reading it's getting so it should be fine. Someone correct me if I am wrong

macca1590
7th February 2011, 08:40 PM
yeah i didnt relay think it would be a drama unless i fowled a plug or something and the o2 sensor was reading off that pot and would think its running real rich from the unburnt fuel then the ecu would try to lean it out to compensate, but even if it did get gases from all 4 pots it would still do that just not as bad i suppose

biggo
9th February 2011, 08:19 PM
What o2 sensor are you planning to run? 1 or 4 wires?

If you use a single wire go closer to the combustion chamber if its heated run it wherever suits but keep it off 6 0'clock as condensation can fuck it good. But really, buy whatever headers you want and get a bung with your o2 sensor. I wouldnt worry about which runner its on either unless you have a funky custom intake manifold that feeds varying amounts of air to each cylinder

macca1590
9th February 2011, 08:27 PM
the standard corona sensor is just the old 1 wire, and intake manifold else is standard so i might just whack it in one of the collectors, i was thinking of buying a wide-band gauge off ebay so if i do ill just put it in the other collector and hope for the best