PDA

View Full Version : mach oil temp gauge plus st 20v bottom end with 16v head

dehney
8th February 2011, 09:18 PM
ok iv got an old school jap oil temp gauge and i was wondering when do people have there oil temp fitting running from as it is too big to going to the block ?

next question iv got a spare 20v block and a few 16v heads can i just change the pistons and run a 16v head ?
cheers

blair
8th February 2011, 09:43 PM
oil temp get a fitting/thread welded/tapped into your sump, or buy a remote filter kit that has a block with ports for senders.

yes 20v block works, but use the 20v internals for the extra compression/power, otherwise theres no real point? (other than being 7 ribs "stronger")

Havent confirmed personally, but possibly makes the engine an interference engine.

Sam-Q
8th February 2011, 10:15 PM
you can only swap the pistons if they are ZE pistons or smallport, bigport + 20v bottoms don't work.

blair
8th February 2011, 10:17 PM
I have a bigport head on a 20v bottom.

Just use all the 20v internals? it works, i assure you. Or have you literally only got the bare block?

dehney
8th February 2011, 10:23 PM
Iv got a block with ever thing in it I know I have too change the pistons too ze or small port so I was gonna get aftermarket ones cheers for the info lads.

Sam-Q
8th February 2011, 10:24 PM
I have a bigport head on a 20v bottom.

Just use all the 20v internals? it works, i assure you. Or have you literally only got the bare block?

inteference engine

Dish
9th February 2011, 08:59 PM
I'm running an s13 sandwich plate (Between block and oil filter) temp guage runs off that.

dehney
6th March 2011, 06:52 PM
with the change of the block since its gonna have higher compression can i still use the stock ecu ?

Sam-Q
7th March 2011, 09:42 PM
with the change of the block since its gonna have higher compression can i still use the stock ecu ?

compression will be lower, not higher