PDA

View Full Version : swapping front suspension?

khai2298
15th February 2011, 05:40 PM
hey guys finally got my short storke KYB shocks for my front end of adm ae86. I have some stiffer and lower ajps springs to go with, just curious if anything has to be modded on the front struts? or will i be able to just put short stroke shocks and shorter springs straight in/onto the struts.

thanks guys.

johl
15th February 2011, 06:20 PM
when i got my shocks im pretty sure i need a 30mm spacer which ajps supplied

khai2298
15th February 2011, 08:01 PM
i didnt buy the shocks through ajps unfortunatly so i didnt get spacers =[

blair
15th February 2011, 09:01 PM
quite easy to make spacers...

just has to be small enough Outer Diameter to sit inside the tube and big enough Inner Diameter to seat on the top/bottom of the shock properly.

khai2298
15th February 2011, 09:30 PM
top/bottom? ummm thats all fine just trying to find what people had used, or if someone offers them.

blair
15th February 2011, 09:50 PM
bottom is easier, but you introduce the chance of bottoming out the shocks. they will also sit at a lower point of the stroke.

top needs to be a perfect fit, might need to chuck a piece of metal on a lathe or spend some time with files to get it to sit snug. gives you more stroke and means you can run lower, keeping the stroke in a higher region.

Basically all depends on how low your gonna run the car. super low = make one for the top. anything else and probably just chuck one in the bottom for the sake of effort lol

khai2298
15th February 2011, 09:57 PM
bottom it is just need to find if someone bought something to use and where.

jakel
16th February 2011, 01:35 AM
If you have sw20 shocks get one of these http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=110