PDA

View Full Version : Ke70 with T50 to T18 diff tailshaft questions

Plelz
19th February 2011, 01:37 PM
Hey all. I have a Ke70 whith a 20v 4AGE and a T50 in it. When I bought the engine I was supplied with an AE86 front shaft (bit that slides onto the gearbox spigot and has the bi bearing on it). I also have a T18 tailshaft (the rear half only) and a T18 diff which I want to put in my KE70. The holes on the bearing casing (which are used to bolt it to the underbody of the car) of the AE86 front half dont line up with the holes on the car itself. So my questions are:

[1] Will this combo (AE86 front half and T18 rear half) be the right length to into a Ke70 with a T18 diff?

[2] Does the front half have to be pushed all the way onto the gearbox spigot to work well? I ask this as if I pull it back a few centimeteres the holes line up and I am able to bolt it to the underbody of the car.

If the answers to [1] and [2] are no and yes respectively, what tailshaft peices do I need to make a T50 work with a T18 diff in a KE70? Im thinking a complete AE71 tailshaft, front and rear halves. Help??

Cheers

johl
19th February 2011, 01:58 PM
You have the right tail shaft with the t18 rear and 86 front. From what I remember on my old car there was a bit of a gap at the yoke but there was enough in there for it work

spoon
21st February 2011, 12:34 PM
sounds like youre pushing the yoke too far into the gearbox - should stick out the gearbox a little bit (the shiny part) to take up a bit of slop of engine movement. and yep for the t18 diff to work with a t50, you need a ae86 front half and t18 rear half (or full jap ae86 tailshaft)