PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about p plates.

Mickey H
15th February 2009, 09:06 PM
Just wondering, If a green p plater gets pulled over whilst displaying red p plates, is it possible to get fined? same goes the other way round. Sometimes i drive my friends car who is on his reds, and it's just something im curious about. If it is illegal, does it come under not displaying p plates at all?

Jip86
15th February 2009, 10:06 PM
Technically its illegal. same with L plates, your not suppose to display them if your not a learner

ae86
15th February 2009, 10:23 PM
its counted as false identification, they can fine you for it, same with not having plates up your identifying yourself as a full licenced driver,

blinded
15th February 2009, 10:42 PM
I thought that it was legal as long as the driver is following the road rules for the displayed plate. (assuming the plate displayed is < current license) So if a full licensed driver was driving in a car displaying L plates, then he/she must obey the 80km/h speed limit etc.

Could be wrong though...

Golberg
15th February 2009, 10:45 PM
Nope, just illegal, as ae86 said.

Klutch
15th February 2009, 11:16 PM
Just curious, what would the fine be for not displaying p plates?

Vance
15th February 2009, 11:28 PM
i got fined $185 and lost 1 point for not displaying p plates 4 years ago. i never wore them. they let me off 4 times but always recorded the warning. i always said they fell off (which they didnt i never put any on) and they let it go. the 5th time was when i got fined.

i then always made sure i wore them until i got my full licence which was 2 months later. almost got away with never wearing them

marvis
15th February 2009, 11:35 PM
If you are driving something stock don't run them. It's an excuse for them to pull you over.

marvis.

corey70
16th February 2009, 01:00 PM
in SA a p-plater driving without P-plates displayed is automatic 6month license loss

redsprinter
16th February 2009, 01:37 PM
for all sydney p-plater ... do the write thing and display the right p-plate ... not worth losing points over something so simple like displaying the correct p-plate. you can take 2seconds to put or swap the correct p-plate. or it will take you 2sec with a copper to loose points or your licence .

sydney driver we all know how anal coppers are and how stupid nsw road laws are now.. just do the right thing.