PDA

View Full Version : Boosterless Twin Master Cyl Brake Setup

PRIMRK
10th March 2011, 10:35 PM
Hey All,

As some people may know I like a lot of people am sticking a V8 in my track car. This has thrown up a fair few issues to overcome, one of which is brake booster and clutch master.

The booster is in the way of the drivers side bank and has to go, I've found a way around this but haven't got the know-wats to follow through with it.

On page 16 of the tilton catalog (linky: http://www.tiltonracing.com/pdfs/TBandC_2009-web.pdf ) there are 2 different designs of remote master mount housing things, now either of these should fit and coming in at under $300 they are a lot less than the whole pedal boxes.

I'm leaning toward the 72-610 (side by side) but may need to got the 72-650 depending when they get back to me with some better diagrams.

Now the issue I'm having is matching the master cylinder size to the brake calipers, the front brakes are R33 GTS-T 4 pots and the rear are the 2 pots off the same car. dose any one know how to find the sizes to suit this setup?

I also need to find the bore for the clutch master from a supra (i figure as it using a supra clutch that it should be fine)

Cheers
Guys

matt99
10th March 2011, 10:38 PM
If all the brakes are off a 33 then just use the same sized bore master cylinder as what said 33 uses. Your not far from Chapel, theres bound to be some 33's there tomorrow night, just go and pull one over and have a look. Haha.

lolwat
10th March 2011, 10:41 PM
Now the issue I'm having is matching the master cylinder size to the brake calipers, the front brakes are R33 GTS-T 4 pots and the rear are the 2 pots off the same car. dose any one know how to find the sizes to suit this setup?
look up and see what bore size and stroke R33 masters are and use the same i guess
I also need to find the bore for the clutch master from a supra (i figure as it using a supra clutch that it should be fine)
what clutch you use doesnt matter its what slave and master you use and how much travel you have to have to completely disengage the clutch,
Cheers
Guys

10 char apparently

PRIMRK
10th March 2011, 10:58 PM
look up and see what bore size and stroke R33 masters are and use the same i guess
what clutch you use doesnt matter its what slave and master you use and how much travel you have to have to completely disengage the clutch

looking up the 33 bore size is nice and all but minus the booster it will bean that a fair bit of effort is needed to apply plus there are 2 master cylinders for the brakes, 1 front and 1 rear.

it uses a slave from a supra that i haven't confirmed a bore size as of yet.

matt99
10th March 2011, 11:32 PM
Ah yes, forgot this.

Well, I have no real answer other then I would go for a SMALLER bore master cylinder if your running no booster. I found going smaller master for my hyrdo made it work better, (more pressure formed opposed to volume moved?).

lolwat
10th March 2011, 11:40 PM
whoops :/ forgot sorry
yea as said above something smaller, less movement so to speak but alot more force

PRIMRK
11th March 2011, 12:22 AM
as far as clutch goes if i get a clutch master the same bore as the slave was originally matched to that should be perfect right?

Gunner
11th March 2011, 07:25 AM
I heard 1 inch front, 0.7 rear, for a twin master set up. I'm running the same brakes, and mine will be around that mark.

lolwat
11th March 2011, 07:32 AM
yep should be :)

Andy San
11th March 2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.grp4fabrications.com/product_info.php?currency=AUD&cPath=42&products_id=721

Cheap and easy... Freight from them is pretty good as well

PRIMRK
11th March 2011, 01:47 PM
That may be the perfect solution for mounting, thanks so much if that works then I'll be over the moon!

Andy San
11th March 2011, 03:26 PM
if you're getting one, let me know as I wouldn't mind ordering one as well and saving a bit on freight

PRIMRK
11th March 2011, 06:42 PM
ill give em a call in an hour or 2 and see if it will fit where i need it to...but even so good find may have to get a couple other bits off them.

PRIMRK
11th March 2011, 08:41 PM
Ok after a few phone calls I'm still unsure if it will fit my needs, so ive sent them a couple photos with some dimensions, fingers crossed.

Andy San, if it fits I want to order mine asap (ie tonight) ill pm you my number.

PRIMRK
11th March 2011, 10:41 PM
Looks like we have a winner as far as the mounting goes, now to find the brake master bore sizes, i had a chat to the guys at ap racing about finding me some rotors and he said that he can send me a template for me to fill in to find the right size masters...but I'm impatient...